Black Sixteen was formed in London, UK in late 2010 by songwriter Amir Khan (formerly of grunge-rockers 'Unusual Pets') on guitar, accompanied by Matt Burn on the drums, under the temporary moniker of 'Rain Hits Concrete'. The current line-up was completed with the addition of Alex Brock (previously in 'The Moscow Undergound') on bass and Laura Sepp (from Estonian metal outfit 'Label Of Guilt') on keyboards in early 2011.
Hedley is a Canadian pop rock band comprising lead singer Jacob Hoggard, Tommy Mac on bass, Dave Rosin on lead guitar and Chris Crippin on drums. The current band retains the original name of Hoggard's pre-Canadian Idol group, although the membership has changed. The band originated in Abbotsford, British Columbia. They were named after the town of Hedley, British Columbia, a name chosen after members heard that it was for sale for $246,000.
Black Light Burns is an American alternative / hard rock band from California with industrial and gothic aspects, created by Wes Borland. The band's recording lineup consists of Borland himself, along with Danny Lohner (Nine Inch Nails), Josh Eustis (Telefon Tel Aviv), and Josh Freese (The Vandals, A Perfect Circle,Nine Inch Nails,Devo). Their debut album, Cruel Melody, was released in early 2007.
There are three known artists sharing the same name.
1. Tasty Jamz from Atlanta, Georgia. 2. An instrumental progressive group from the United States 3. An underground black metal project from the United States 4. A hardcore band from Newcastle, Australia 1. http://www.facebook.com/cavernsatl 2. Caverns are an instrumental progressive/math rock trio from Washington D.C. with a prominent piano sound. The line-up consists of Patrick Taylor (piano), Kevin Hillard (guitar) and Ross Hurt (drums).
Desaparecidos was a short-lived American quintet formed in 2001 in Omaha, Nebraska, fronted by Conor Oberst (vocals, guitar) and featuring Denver Dalley, now of Statistics (guitar), Landon Hedges, now of Little Brazil (bass), Ian McElroy (keyboards), and Matt Baum (drums). This project however was restarted in 2010. Oberst may be better known for his confessional songwriting and storytelling as the lead singer of the popular indie folk band Bright Eyes, but Desaparecidos has a very different flavor.
There are atleast 3 artists with this name;
(1) Formed in 1985 in Preston, Lancashire, British thrashers Xentrix (pronounced Zen-tricks) began their careers by playing metal covers before focusing all of their efforts on coming up with original material. Initially known as Sweet Vengeance, guitarist/vocalist Chris Astley, guitarist Kristian Havard, drummer Dennis Gasser and bassist Paul Mackenzie created enough of a stir through their live performances that the English branch of Roadrunner Records took notice and signed the group in January 1989.
There are twelve different artists under this name: 1. Catharsis was an anarchist hardcore punk band from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, releasing their albums through the CrimethInc. collective. Their singer, Brian, was editor of the political hardcore punk fanzine Inside Front and later went on with other ex-members of Catharsis to form the band Requiem. 2. Catharsis was a French art band who released albums during the 1970's. Their first album, "Masq" (1971), was a mixture of formless chanting, hypnotic melodies, prominent percussion, Arabic styles, and experimental songcraft.
There are at least six bands called Orchid:
1. A hardcore band from Amherst, Massachusetts
2. A doom metal band from San Francisco, California
3. An indie-pop band Poznan, Poland
4. A rock band from Halifax, Nova Scotia
5. an alias of Alexander Tooth
6. a "post-prog" band from Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
1. Active from 1998 to 2002, Orchid was first and foremost a hardcore band. Orchid combined a post-modern aesthetic with hardcore punk...
There are at least three bands that are named Cog. One from Australia, one from the Philippines, and one from Croatia. 1)
Cog was a rock band from Sydney, New South Wales. Cog consisted of members Flynn Gower (lead guitar, lead vocals), Lucius Borich (drums, samples, backing vocals) and Luke Gower (bass guitar and backing vocals), who had been a band since 1998. Flynn Gower and Lucius Borich (the son of renowned Australian blues guitarist Kevin Borich) were friends at their Bondi high school in the 1980s.