1) Progressive rock band, 1970s, France With endless comparisons to King Crimson, Shylock remains one of the premier French symphonic bands. Other comparisons are made to Arachnoïd and Pulsar. Darkness is the key here. Their influence can be felt in such bands as Xaal, Minimum Vital, Tiemko, and Änglagård. 1977's "Gialorgues" was recorded with the primary membership consisting of drummer André Fisichella, guitarist Frédéric l'Épée (who went on to play with Philharmonie), and keyboardist Didier Lustig.
Nemesea is a symphonic rock band founded by vocalist Manda Ophuis and guitarist Hendrik Jan de Jong in September 2002 in Groningen, The Netherlands. The band currently consists of Manda Ophuis (vocals), Hendrik Jan de Jong (guitars), Sonny Onderwater (bass), Lasse Delbrugge (keyboards) and Steven Bouma (drums). In April 2003 the band had their first performance as support act for After Forever, and remained that band's support for a year.
There are currently 2 artists with the name Smak. 1. Smak (ex-Yugoslavia) - progressive rock band, formed in 1971
2. Smak (Finland) - rock band, formed in 2001 1. Smak (Serbian Cyrillic: ????) was a Serbian (former Yugoslavia) progressive rock band, with strong jazz fusion and blues undertones.
The band's leader, guitarist Radomir Mihailovi? - To?ak is considered one of the greatest and most influential guitarists on the former Yugoslav rock scene.
Leaves' Eyes is a symphonic metal band with folk metal elements from Stavanger, Norway and Ludwigsburg, Germany. The band assembled in 2003, shortly before singer Liv Kristine was fired from Theatre of Tragedy. Leaves' Eyes currently consists of Liv Kristine (female vocals), Alexander Krull (male vocals, programming), Sander van der Meer (guitars), Thorsten Bauer (guitars/Bass), and Roland Navratil (drums & percussion). Former members include Martin Schmidt (drums, left in 2004), Chris Lukhaup (bass, left in 2007), and Moritz Neuner (drums, left in 2007).
ROYAL HUNT recently released their new - 11th - studio album: "Show Me How To Live". The band once more joined forces with former lead singer DC COOPER to continue the magic of Royal Hunt. To those who are discovering and re-discovering the band, here are the members:
ANDRE ANDERSEN - was born on December 16th in Moscow, Russia. He studied piano since he was 5. He is a mix of Danish and Georgian "royal" blood and is a musical genius who can virtually play any instrument, compose, write lyrics and produce all at the same time.
There are multiple artists that go by the name Goma. 1) GOMA is a Jungle Music producer and pioneering Japanese didgeridoo player. In the 1998 Arnhemland Barunga Didgeridoo Competition (judged by Galarrwuy Yunupingu), Goma received a prize, surprising audiences by being the first non-Aboriginal to be recognized. Since that time, as a solo player, session musician, and band member, he has steadily increased his audience by consistently striving to innovate and expand his musical horizons.
Crush 40, previously known as Sons of Angels, was originally formed as a project band to record music for Sega's arcade racing game NASCAR Rubbin' Racing, or EA Sports NASCAR Arcade in the west. The core of the group is hard rock guitarist Jun Senoue and melodic rock vocal legend Johnny Gioeli. As of late, the band comprises of the following members:
* Vocals: Johnny Gioeli
* Guitars: Jun Senoue
* Bass: Takeshi Taneda
* Drums: Katsuji
The Polyphonic Spree are a psychedelic pop group which formed in 2000 in Dallas, Texas, United States. The band's core members are Tim DeLaughter (lead vocals, guitar), Mark Pirro (bass) and Bryan Wakeland (drums), all former members of the alternative rock band Tripping Daisy. The band also contains 5 backing vocalists and 12 musicians. The band's lineup has generally been stable since their formation.
There is more than one artist with this name:
1) This Spanish band came from Gijon, the northern part of the Iberian Peninsula. The members were Alex Cakrul (bass), Alberto Fontaneda (guitar, flute and vocals), Mento Heria (keybaords and vocals), Manda Jimenez (drums) and Rafael Rodriguez (guitar). Their only album "Si Todo Hiciera Crack” (’80) from CRACK is one of the jewels of the Spanish progressive rock.
There are few artists and bands named Dante. 1) Dante Kinnunen, drummer of The Concretes and a solo artist
2) Progressive metal band from Germany
3) Alt-folk band from Edinburgh, Scotland
4) Argentinian hip-hop artist
1) Dante (Kinnunen) is a Swedish drummer turned singer/producer and is described as a Phil Collins and The Weekend. In 2012 he released a new single "Burning" with Adrian Lux. http://soundcloud.com/dantekinnunen/