There are several artists using this name: Red (USA) (often typeset as R3D) is an American alternative band formed in Nashville, Tennessee in 2004. Musically influenced by artists such as Linkin Park, Chevelle, and Muse, Red's style is the rare symphonic rock which blends guitars and strings with passionate vocals. The songs on End of Silence deconstruct struggles that listeners face, while painting a picture of redemption in the midst of brokenness. According to lead vocalist Mike Barnes, Red stands for the blood of Christ and what it represents: passion, pain, but ultimately, redemption.
There are twelve different artists under this name: 1. Catharsis was an anarchist hardcore punk band from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, releasing their albums through the CrimethInc. collective. Their singer, Brian, was editor of the political hardcore punk fanzine Inside Front and later went on with other ex-members of Catharsis to form the band Requiem. 2. Catharsis was a French art band who released albums during the 1970's. Their first album, "Masq" (1971), was a mixture of formless chanting, hypnotic melodies, prominent percussion, Arabic styles, and experimental songcraft.
The Reasoning are a Cardiff-based six-piece rock band, formed by Matthew Cohen in 2005. The band’s line-up of experienced musicians features the vocal talents of Dylan Thompson and Gareth Jones, alongside Rachel Cohen who was voted Best Female Vocalist by the UK’s Classic Rock Society for an unprecedented four consecutive years. Following the recruitment of drummer Vinden Wylde, the band’s accomplished debut album Awakening was released in 2006 and has garnered worldwide critical acclaim.
There are few artists and bands named Dante. 1) Dante Kinnunen, drummer of The Concretes and a solo artist
2) Progressive metal band from Germany
3) Alt-folk band from Edinburgh, Scotland
4) Argentinian hip-hop artist
1) Dante (Kinnunen) is a Swedish drummer turned singer/producer and is described as a Phil Collins and The Weekend. In 2012 he released a new single "Burning" with Adrian Lux. http://soundcloud.com/dantekinnunen/
ROYAL HUNT recently released their new - 11th - studio album: "Show Me How To Live". The band once more joined forces with former lead singer DC COOPER to continue the magic of Royal Hunt. To those who are discovering and re-discovering the band, here are the members:
ANDRE ANDERSEN - was born on December 16th in Moscow, Russia. He studied piano since he was 5. He is a mix of Danish and Georgian "royal" blood and is a musical genius who can virtually play any instrument, compose, write lyrics and produce all at the same time.
Wobbler is a name used by at least two artists. 1) Wobbler is a Progressive Rock band from Norway. Wobbler was formed in the idyllic Norwegian countryside, not too far from the great waterfalls of H
There are multiple artists with this name:
1) A Chilean progressive metal group.
2) An environmental ambient/experimental project by Charles Uzzell-Edwards, released three self-titled albums for Fax +49-69/450464 between 1995-1998.
3) A melodic English psychedelic band (previously named The Cortinas) with one album released in 1970.
4) A German band with four albums released from 1977-81.
5) A Norwegian band with two albums released in the early 80's.
6) A Britpop band from Shotts, Lanarkshire, Scotland formed in 1995. They had three hit singles before splitting up in 1997
In January 2011, Luka Šulić, along with friend and fellow cellist Stjepan Hauser, performed a cover of Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal which was played solely on cello. They uploaded it on Youtube under the nickname 2Cellos. In just a few days, the music video became a YouTube sensation. Šulić and Hauser have finished recording their debut album with Sony Music Entertainment, which is scheduled for release in mid June, 2011.
There are more than one artist with the name Mangrove: 1) Mangrove is a progressive rockband from The Netherlands.
Roland van der Horst (guitars, vocals) and Joost Hagemeijer (drums, vocals) start in 1995 with the project
There are three known bands using the name Galleon: 1. a progressive rock band hailing from Sweden and
2. a French dance group.
3. a four-piece indie rock group based in Adelaide, Australia. 1. Galleon started as a three piece named Aragon back in ´85 , experimenting with different kind of music and musicians , but never really found the "right" feeling. . . Because Micke Värn, guitars - Göran Fors, bass and Vocals and Dan Fors, drums had the idea , they wanted at least to document their sweat and blood in composing the music they believed in under so many years , just in case . . .