There are at least 4 artists named Locust: 1) Locust is a project of Mark Van Hoen, a British artist who has been releasing electronic music since 1993. 2) The Locust is a grindcore/experimental band formed in 1994 in San Diego, California. Please correct your tags to The Locust. 3) Locust (로커스트) was a Korean popular music band, active in the early 80's. 4) Locust is an alias of Perry O'Neil, who runs the progressive trance label Electronic Elements.
Hailing from Detroit, Walls of Jericho released their highly anticipated 4th CD for Trustkill Records on July 29, 2008. Produced by Ben Schigel (Chimaira/Ringworm), The American Dream follows the mesh of metallic venom and concrete fury of hardcore/punk that the band is known for, 12 solid tracks of highly anticipated hard beating poetic thunder people have come to expect from the band. “Working on the new CD ended up being a really wonderful experience. We worked really well together, collaborated better than ever, and had a great time.
There are at least six bands called Orchid:
1. A hardcore band from Amherst, Massachusetts
2. A doom metal band from San Francisco, California
3. An indie-pop band Poznan, Poland
4. A rock band from Halifax, Nova Scotia
5. an alias of Alexander Tooth
6. a "post-prog" band from Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
1. Active from 1998 to 2002, Orchid was first and foremost a hardcore band. Orchid combined a post-modern aesthetic with hardcore punk...
There is more than one artist with the name Embrace, the first two of whom are significant:
1) a five-piece indie band from Leeds, England, who have enjoyed significant success in UK, including three number one albums and six Top 10 singles
2) a Post-Hardcore/Post-Punk band from Washington D.C. that had a galvanizing influence on the Washington, D.C. punk scene of the 80's and featured Ian MacKaye (who subsequently formed Fugazi)
3) a Dutch Trance duo
4) a Canadian Gothic Metal band
There is more than one artist(s) with the name Iconoclast 1) Iconoclast formed in the early 90's in New Jersey amidst a flourishing of diverse hardcore bands, such as Rorshach, Born Against, 1.6 band, Native Nod, Policy of 3, Merel, Greyhouse, Chisel. They recorded their self-titled first 7" for the Ebullition label, followed by a split 7" with the band Merel. Ebullition also released their 'Groundlessness of Belief' 7" and a discography on CD.
There are a number of bands named Scraps 1. Scraps is a pop band from Norwich, England 2. Scraps was a punk/hardcore band from Montreal, Canada that broke up in the 80s 3. Scraps was a Anarcho/punk band from Lille,France,they formed in mid 1980's, their sound was a mixture of japcore,hardcore. And was around til the mid 1990's,with a few vinyl releases, 1) "Apartheid" 7" in 1986(Aaltrack),
2)Aaargh" 7" in 1987(Aaltrack),
3)a flexi split w Don Don in 1989(MCR Company),
4)"Wrapped up in this society" lp in 1990(Be Your Self Rec.s),