Darkane (formerly known as Agretator) is a Melodic Death / Thrash Metal band formed in Helsingborg, Sweden in 1998. The name Darkane is a portmanteau of the words "dark" and "arcane". The first album featured Lawrence Mackory, who had a much more death metal influenced voice. After 1998's Rusted Angel, Andreas Sydow was recruited, and handled vocals on the next three albums, Insanity, Expanding Senses, and Layers of Lies. He decided to leave the band in 2007 and Jens Broman (Construcdead, The Defaced) took his place for Demonic Art.
Bands named Agony: 1.) Agony, originally formed as Agoni in August 1984, was a swedish thrash metal band. Their first demo-tape titled "The Future Is Ours" was released in March 1986. A tour in Britain with swedish punkers Anti-Cimex, and a second demo-recording ("Execution of Mankind") followed the same year, before changing name to Agony.
In 1987, the band obtained a record deal with the famous Music For Nations label, and released their full-length debut album, "The First Defiance", in 1988.
There are atleast 3 artists with this name;
(1) Formed in 1985 in Preston, Lancashire, British thrashers Xentrix (pronounced Zen-tricks) began their careers by playing metal covers before focusing all of their efforts on coming up with original material. Initially known as Sweet Vengeance, guitarist/vocalist Chris Astley, guitarist Kristian Havard, drummer Dennis Gasser and bassist Paul Mackenzie created enough of a stir through their live performances that the English branch of Roadrunner Records took notice and signed the group in January 1989.
Artillery is a Danish thrash metal band. They participated in the early development of the genre, and their highly energetic, riff-centric and often fast-paced music is similar in style to that of Slayer and Megadeth from the same era. The band formed in 1982 in Taastrup, a suburb to Copenhagen. The members were guitarists J
There are at least seven artists with this name:
1. A thrash metal band from Chicago Illinois, United States
2. A symphonic metal band from Sweden
3. A math rock band from Mexico
4. A speed metal band from Arizona, United States
5. A darkcore group from Australia
6. A heavy metal band from the United Kingdom
7. A Trash metal band from Indonesia
8. A metalcore band from Sydney, Australia
There are at least 5 artists/bands named Ouroboros: 1) A technical death-thrash metal band from Australia (who changed their name from 'DRED' in 2008)
2) A brutal death metal band from France
3) A dark-esoteric-ambient act from Italy
4) A black metal band from Canada
4) A doom metal band from Pittsburgh, PA
Technical Thrash Metal from Kentfield, CA. Not to be confused with the other Punisher (US) from Millbury, OH or the other Death metal band Punisher (AUS) from Australia, Sydney. Current line-up
Pat Toms: Guitars and Vocals
Jason Siren: Bass and Backing Vocals
There are 2 bands with the name Defiance: (1) Defiance is a thrash metal band from Oakland, California. While virtually unknown to mainstream metal and rock circles, Defiance is known as one of the classic second-tier thrash bands to come from the Bay Area thrash metal scene. They played a decidedly technical style of thrash originally evoking bands like Testament, though they would later move on to playing in their own unique, more progressive thrash style. They reformed in 2005 and have since release an album entitled The Prophecy in late 2009.
Arcane is the name of multiple bands: Arcane from Belfast, Ireland and play heavy rock/metal influenced by such bands as Tool, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden and many more. Another is a progressive metal band based in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. www.arcaneaustralia.com Arcane is a 5 piece metal band from Bournemouth, United Kingdom. www.myspace.com/arcaneofficial Two groups originate in the United States, one plays Thrash Metal, while the other is a Hip-Hop Group. Another is from Ulm in Germany. More Infos @ www.arcane.de.