Rasputina is a "cello rock" ensemble composed of singer/cellist Melora Creager, and various, frequently changing band members. The current lineup includes Creager (cello), Daniel Dejesus (cello), and Dawn Miceli (drums). Founded by Creager in 1992, they have long held true to their mission of enlightening the common man as to the power and versatility of the mighty cello. Historically influenced, and constantly costumed, Rasputina keeps a small legion of incredibly passionate admirers enthralled with their earnest musicianship.
Zespół został założony przez Wojtka Oleksiaka (dr) i Stefana Nowakowskiego (b) w 2008 r. Po kilku próbach, paru koncertach i przeglądach do składu dołączył Michał Załęski (k), a następnie Michał Przerwa – Tetmajer (g). W tymże naszpikowanym muzykami z Wydziału Jazzu na Bednarskiej w Warszawie składzie nagraliśmy swoje drugie demo – efekt do posłuchania powyżej. The band was formed by Wojtek (dr) and Stefan (b) in 2008.
There are at least 4 bands known as Loomer: 1.A shoegaze outfit from Brazil that was formed in august 2008 (http://www.myspace.com/loomerband)
2. The Toronto, Canada alt/country band formed in 1999
3. The Brisbane, Australia indie/shoegaze band that was formed in 2008.
4. US, San Francisco shoegaze band Loomer (http://www.myspace.com/loomersf) with album World Tipped Blue 1998 (Evil Eye Records) Current Members: Lynda Mandolyn, Hugh Caley, Serge Vladimiroff
The band are Stefano Fell (guitar, vocal), Liege Milk (bass, vocal), Richard La Rosa (guitar) and Guilherme F. (drums).
http://www.facebook.com/scalethesummitband Scale the Summit is an American progressive metal band based out of Houston, Texas. It formed in 2004 and signed to Prosthetic Records. The band draws influences from other progressive acts such as Cynic and Dream Theater. However, unlike most other progressive metal bands, they have no vocalist and play solely instrumental music. In 2004, Guitarists Chris Letchford and Travis Levrier moved to Los Angeles to attend the Musicians Institute where they met drummer Pat Skeffington.
There are 4 artists which go by the name of Pez: 1) a hard, experimental Rock trio from Argentina
2) an Australian Emcee from Melbourne
3) an emcee based in Plymouth, UK
4) a producer from Holland*.
5) an electro-popartist from Holland 1) Pez was formed in December 1993 by Ariel Minimal on Guitar and Voice, together with the Barbieri brothers (Poli on drums and Alez on bass). The project is a hard, experimental Rock trio that started to play on the Buenos Aires circuit in 1994.
There are several artists using this name:
1. Laura is a post-rock band from Melbourne, Australia.
http://www.wearemappingyourdreams.com. 2. Laura is a Norwegian girl-band from Bodø. Visit at www.myspace.com/lauratheband.
3. Laura is a pop-singer from Belgium Laura Omloop @ last.fm
4. Laura is a pop/rock-singer from Belgium http://www.mostiko.com/Laura/home.html.
5. Laura is an Estonian singer . Laura Põldvere @ last.fm
EF is a five-piece band from Gothenburg, Sweden. It all started in May 2003, and soon they stood in a small basement and created quite heavy music. It didn't take long for them to find that melodies, emotions and explosions were more interesting. During the first 3 years they recorded and released 4 CD-R demos and began playing in various locations around Sweden. In the summer of 2005 they were contacted by US label Raise The Red Flag. They decided to co-op, and a full length album was released during 2006.
The Weeknd is a Toronto-based R&B singer named Abel Tesfaye. Abel started uploading songs to YouTube in 2010 and in March of 2011 he dropped his first mixtape, House of Balloons. In August of 2011, he dropped his second mixtape, Thursday. His third mixtape, Echoes of Silence, was released on December 21 2011. The Weeknd takes his ambivalent emotional tenor and stretches it out, building a whole worldview from it. He has sampled artists such as Beach House and Siouxsie and the Banshees. http://the-weeknd.com/
Nels Cline (born in Los Angeles in 1956) is an American guitarist and composer. Currently he is the lead guitarist of the rock band Wilco. Nels began to play guitar at age 12 when his twin brother, Alex Cline took up the drums. Cline is not classically trained. This gives him a unique avant-garde style that many other jazz guitarists fail to match, due to their probable conventional training. He is noted for his apt use of effects pedals and looping devices, which enhances his style and gives his approach to guitar and music a distinct sound.