Nomadic Rituals are a 3-piece doom/sludge metal band from Belfast, Northern Ireland. Formed by bassist and reluctant vocalist Craig Carson who originally spent a number of years searching for a replacement drummer for his then doom project Sons of Nothing; in July 2012 he recruited drummer Mark Smyth and former Fylth Wyzzard bassist Peter (Frodo) Hunter on guitar and became Nomadic Rituals. Utilizing down tuned guitars, slow tempos and heavy distortion the trio are set to record their first 4 song EP titled DFWG in early 2013.
Dove has been used many times as a name for different bands in different styles. Perhaps the most prominent being the groove/sludge band who released a split 7" with the band Floor, and a Self-titled CD in 2004. They featured Henry (the drummer for Floor and member of Cavity) on lead vocals/guitar for Dove.
Church Of Misery (チャーチ・オブ・ミザリ) is a japanese doom metal band with a specific extra-groovy sound that is often described as "stoner doom" but the band tends to snub this term saying "We hate trend. We hate corporate attitude. We hate the word 'stoner'. Death to false stoners!! Let there be DOOM!!" (citation from the Master of Brutality album cover artwork notes).
Band was formed in 1996 in Tokyo by bassist Tatsu Mikami (ex-Salem) and guitarist Tomohiro Nishimura, line-up was completed with singer Nobukazu Chow and drummer Hideki Shimizu.
There are at least three artists which use this name
1. A noisecore / sludge band from the United States
2. An alternative rock band from the United Kingdom
3. A drum and bass producer 1) Cable is an American noisecore band formed in 1994 in Rockville, CT. Though they have changed their style over the years, Cable was originally part of the first wave of bands playing in the so-called noisecore style (as it later became known), combining a hardcore/emo aesthetic with a rhythmically complex, often discordant metal-influenced musical approach.
There are several artists under the name of Burden:
1) A thrash metal band from Finland
2) A sludge metal band from Germany
3) A Canadian band playing hardcore
4) An American crossover band
5) An experimental drone/dark ambient artist
1) Burden is a finnish thrash metal metal band. It was founded in autumn 2008. Sami (bass guitar/vocals) and Henkka (rhythm guitar) phoned Matias (drums) so they could form a band. Later Henkka asked Otto (lead guitar) to join the band, and he did. After they had composed some songs of their own, they practiced hard and went to the studio.
Check out our blog - http://ilovestarve.blogspot.com The music of STARVE is a soundtrack to all the filth, despair, injustice, fear and greed we see in the world around us. The band is inspired by music ranging from the harsh bleakness of sludge metal to the gritty defiance of old blues songs, sometimes mixing these with the unhurried attitudes of legendary southern rock bands. After releasing a demo early in 2010 and playing a variety of shows, the debut full length record 'Wasteland' was recorded during the blistering heat of the summer of the same year.
Cult of Luna are a Swedish Sludge/Post-Metal band formed in 1998 in Umeå, Sweden by guitarist/vocalist Johannes Persson and vocalist Klas Rydberg. After some member hunting and rehearsals CoL had its first line-up consisting of: Klas Rydberg, Johannes Persson, Magnus Lindberg, Erik Olofsson and Fredrik Renstrom. After a short period of time, Fredrik had to leave due to some personal difficulties.
Formed in 2002, originally hailing from Phoenix, AZ and now residing in Oakland, California, Graves at Sea play a very droney, slow, painful sounding type of sludge. With members coming from previous bands and one member having knowledge in sound engineering their first demo went extremely well and immediately caught some attention in the doom metal subculture, promptly causing the band to get signed and start producing legit material and in turn, gaining even more praise in the metal scene.
Taking their name from a Yorkshire brew of great strength and gravity, Centurions Ghost have been creating music since 2001. The group formed when Australian beach bum James (vocals) driven by his love of British steel arrived in London and searched for like-minded individuals. Stumbling from one unwholesome watering hole to another he found, Rich (bass) ex of cult act Searing Orchard. Fuelled by their disgust at the current underground scene they set about forming a proper fucking metal band to show the wimps and posers how it should be done.