1. A New York-based Electronica / New Beat band, led by female singer Mitchel, who released the singles "Mind The Gap" and "One World" on Wax Trax! in 1989-90. The group's self-titled LP combined industrial and house, and became a minor club hit. Mitchel revived the name in the 1990s, most successfully on the 1995 "Ex-Junkie" single. 2. An Australian DJ
Jebediah are an alternative rock band from Perth, Australia. Forming in 1994, the band consists of Kevin Mitchell (vocals, rhythm guitar), Vanessa Thornton (bass guitar), Chris Daymond (lead guitar) and Brett Mitchell (drums). The band signed with Murmur, a label of Sony Music, in 1996 and released their first album Slightly Odway in 1997. They released three more albums before splitting with Sony: Of Someday Shambles, Jebediah and Glee Sides and Sparities.
Soul Asylum is an american alternative rock band formed in the summer of 1981 by Minneapolis high school friends Dan Murphy, Karl Mueller, and Dave Pirner. The band (named Loud Fast Rules up until 1984) quickly became frontrunners of American college rock, following in the tradition of fellow Minnesota bands Hüsker Dü and The Replacements. Landing their first record deal with Twin/Tone in 1984, Soul Asylum recorded a total of four albums for the local label: Say What You Will... Everything Can Happen in 1984 (later reissued as Say What You Will, Clarence.
There are 3 bands with the name Tribute. 1. Swedish Symphonic rock band, founded 1982 by Gideon Andersson and Josef Rhedin.
The band released 3 studio albums between 1984 and 1991 and one live album in 1990. Gong's Pierre Moerlen featured on their first two albums. 2. Tribute is a Burlington-based band that covers classic rock songs. 3. Tribute were a Hardcore Punk band who were a part of the mid 90's UK Emo scene along side bands such as Bob Tilton, Baby Harp Seal and Schema.
There are several artists called Anna:
1) Anna Santos (Spanish/Japanese) of Latin band BON-BON BLANCO, who solos as "Anna"
2) German pop band (written "AnnA")
3) 90's Rock band from Croydon, England
4) Techno Project ("Schneewittchen EP")
5) Swiss rap artist (Debut: "Still Young", 2006, muve/Musikvertrieb)
6) Ukrainian nu-metal band. 1) Anna Santos is the vocalist of Latin band BON-BON BLANCO. She releases her solo work under just "Anna".
Earth, Wind & Fire is an American funk band, formed in Chicago, Illinois in 1969. Led by Maurice White, they are best known for their hits of the 1970s, among them "After the Love Has Gone", "September," "Reasons," "Fantasy" and "Shining Star." Earth, Wind & Fire became the first black performers to headline throughout the world without an opening act, to receive Madison Square Garden's Gold Ticket Award for selling more than 100,000 tickets and to receive the Columbia Records Crystal Globe Award for selling more than five million albums in foreign markets.
There are 2 artists with the name Marion:
1. A band from Macclesfield, Cheshire.
2. A singer from Finland, Marion Rung who releases her albums with the name Marion. She has been representant of Finland in Eurovision Song Contest two times. 1. Marion (the band):
Marion are a rock band, originally formed in 1993, in Macclesfield, Cheshire, England. They became synonymous with the britpop music scene, appearing on the Britpop Now BBC television special.
Jeffery Phillip Wiedlandt (Born January 14, 1967 in Bayonne, New Jersey), better known as Zakk Wylde, was the lead guitarist in Ozzy Osbourne's band and has also found success playing lead guitar in his own band, Black Label Society, who have been a part of the Ozzfest tour many times, having guitarist Nick Catanese on the rhythm section. Zakk has been voted "Most Valuable Player" for three successive years in the "Guitar World" (US) magazine polls.
Tina Cousins is a singer of electronic music, from Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, England, born April 20, 1974. She first achieved global success by appearing on German DJ/producer team Sash!'s single "Mysterious Times" in 1998, which lead to a string of other releases, notably "Forever","Killin' time", "Pray","Angel" and most recently her cover of Black's "Wonderful Life".
At least two bands are known under the name XYZ. 1. XYZ was a hook-laden heavy metal band. They were considered the unofficial house band of the Los Angeles nightclub The Whiskey in the mid 80's, but major success eluded them.
XYZ began in Los Angeles, California, with members Terry Ilous (vocals), Bobby Pieper (guitar), Patt Fontaine (bass) and Joey Pafumi (drums). An early development deal with Atlantic records led to the recording of their debut album, which quickly got radio play with the hits "Inside Out" and "What Keeps Me Loving You.