Buika (b.1972) is a Spanish singer. Her music mixes flamenco with soul, jazz ,and funk. Born Concha Buika in Palma de Mallorca, Spain, her family came from Equatorial Guinea; she grew up among gypsy people. Ever since she was a child her musical talent was evident, but it was after a visit to London to study drama when, after being invited to a Pat Metheny concert that her life changed. From that moment she began her musical career. During the 1990s she took part in different productions, such as Ombra by La Fura Dels Baus and the soundtrack for the Spanish film Km.
There are at least 4 artists named Annabel:
1. Annabel, a japanese doujin music singer.
2. Annabel, an indie-rock band from Kent, Ohio
3. Annabel, a heavy-metal band from Prague, Czech Republic
4. Annabel, a dutch female singer
1. Annabel is a Japanese doujin music singer, she was born in Argentina and educated in Japan. binaria is another circle that she sings with やなぎなぎ. She is also the singer of Annina with the composer is bermei.inazawa. She also features in many game and anime themes. The ending theme from Sankarea, "Above your hand", was her first song with a videoclip.
Band founders Patricia Day and Kim Nekroman first met when Day's now-defunct band, the punk rock group Peanut Pump Gun, opened for Nekroman's psychobilly band, Nekromantix, at a festival in Cologne, Germany in 1996. Despite both belonging to the subculture scene of Copenhagen, Denmark, the two had never met before, but they became friends over their mutual interest in alternative music. The two would eventually marry.
Jolin Tsai (Chinese: ???; pinyin: C
Betty Davis (born Betty Mabry, 1945 in New York City, USA) is an American funk, rock and soul singer and ex-model. When she turned sixteen, Betty moved to New York and met several musicians including Jimi Hendrix and Sly Stone. She met Miles Davis in 1967 and married him in 1968. As Miles stated in his autobiography, in addition to creating turmoil in his personal life, Betty helped him to explore music by introducing him to psychedelic rock guitarist Jimi Hendrix and funk innovator Sly Stone.
Butterfly Boucher (pronounced 'bow-cher' with a hard "ch" sound, unlike the French pronunciation) is an Adelaide, Australian singer/songwriter. Boucher, born June 2, 1979, is the middle child of seven daughters. The name "Butterfly" was a suggestion from a friend of the family. Her mother didn't initially like the name but kept seeing butterflies in pictures, on clothing, etc. before the birth. In later years, Butterfly's sister had a band, The Mercy Bell, in which Butterfly played bass guitar. In 2004 and 2005, Boucher toured the U.
Lisa Hordijk ( stage name: Lisa Lois) (born in Wageningen, Netherlands, June 22, 1987) is a Dutch singer and winner of the second season of X Factor. Her debut single, a cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" went straight to number one in the Dutch Top 40. Before Lisa participated in X Factor she was in a band called Left Lane Lisa which was quite popular in her hometown and in some other parts of the Netherlands.
There are three artists named Ruby.
1) Ruby (the UK band)
2) Ruby (harsh breakcore artist)See:Ruben De Haan
3) Ruby (Egyptian singer)See:Roubi 1) Ruby was the project of UK vocalist Lesley Rankine and US composer/producer Mark Walk. Their repertory of styles expanded across electronic, trip hop, noise, and industrial. The band Ruby was named as such because Rankine and Walk both have a grandmother named Ruby.
This Jennifer Lee's Albums: Wanderlust and Beyond The Frame Jennifer Lee offers up a voice for the new generation of the Tori Amos and Fiona Apple formula--"the girl and her piano," with her own unique sound. Her debut album, "beyond the frame," is a body of work comprised of thrusting piano-driven melodies and darkened, thought provoking lyrics riddled with harsh reality. This singer-songwriter strikes a nerve with her personal life experiences.