Saint Vitus is a doom metal band, formed 1979 in California, USA Saint Vitus is known as one of the first doom metal bands, starting out as early as the late 1970s. The band first used the name Tyrant, with Scott Reagers (vocals), Dave Chandler (guitar), Mark Adams (bass), and Armando Acosta (drums), but soon changed their name to Saint Vitus after the song St. Vitus' Dance by Black Sabbath. Their main influences were Black Sabbath, Pentagram and Black Flag.
Katatonia formed in 1991 in Stockholm, Sweden and was brought together by long time friends, Anders Nyström (aka Blakkheim) and Jonas Renkse (aka Lord Seth). After more than a year of rehearsals and composing, the first real fruits of their labour came to light in mid 1992 with the release of the demo ‘Jhva Elohim Meth’, recorded at Sweden’s Gorysound Studio and produced by the multi-musician Dan Swanö.
Jesu is a band formed in 2003 in Abergele, Wales, UK by Justin Broadrick following the breakup of Godflesh. Jesu was the name of the last song on the final Godflesh release, Hymns, and Broadrick decided to adopt it as the name of his new project. The first release, the Heart Ache EP, was released in 2004 and featured Broadrick playing all of the instruments. It was followed in 2005 by the full-length self-titled LP, which featured the addition of bassist Diarmuid Dalton and drummer Ted Parsons, although not every song featured both new members.
There are several acts named (or formerly named) "Nemesis":
1) A Chilean Hip Hop Group, consisting of Cenzi and Seo2. They put out one record through Sony Music Chile and another through Cenzi's label, Aguasonica. They are still active as solo acts, and will one day do their third album. 2) A Scottish nationalist rockband. 3) The metal Band from Bandung, Indonesia. Started from the band's childhood fantasy, Nemesis always dreamed about being some crunchy rockstar. The five of them are highschool student with the same liking in music.
...soon You'll Hear Lament Of Prophecy... Winter 1991 it was a beginning when two friends and enthusiastic of metal Karol-bass and Mirek-drums created Doom Metal band GALLILEOUS, after some time band joined Gego - vocal, Wiesiek - guitar and Wino - guitar. In 1992 they have recorded first demo Doomsday, soon after Wiesiek was replaced by Stona on guitar position! September 1994 was highlights and time for next record, legendary demo Passio Et Mors which was never released! 1995 this is the end of early days of the band and finish of play music for some of the members.
There are at least 10 bands that share this name: 1. Salem is an Israeli extreme metal band. 2. Dark electronic, shoegaze and dubstep inspired band based out of NYC/Chicago/Michigan. 3. Hip-Hop Band from USA.Alternative Hip-Hop. 4. A Post-Hardcore Band from USA. 5. A Metal Band from Spain. Heavy Metal/Hard Rock. Formed in 1997. 6. A Metal Band from USA. Melodic Power Metal. 7. A Metal Band from UK. NWOBHM. Formed in 1980. 8. A Metal Band from Slovenia.Thrash Metal. Formed in 1985. 9. A Metal Band from Japan.Heavy Metal. Formed in 1984.
Malignancy plays very intense, crushing brutal death metal out of Yonkers, NY (US) and are known for their seamless variations between hyper-technical riffing and unsurpassable NYDM style breakdowns. With each release, Malignancy increases speed, technicality, eccentric intensity and originality.
Since clawing their way out of the sludge of Akron at the onset of 2003, Northeast Ohio's Rue have been bringing a rock demolition to the masses. Relentlessly loud and hard hitting, Rue have hammered the East Coast and Midwest touring with Weedeater, Bongzilla and Rwake, and appearing with Keelhaul, Goatwhore, Eyehategod, Mushroomhead, Yob, 16, Alabama Thunderpussy, Meatjack, High on Fire, Unsane, and numerous others. Rue teamed with independent stalwart Shifty Records to release their self-titled debut CD in late 2003, and participated in a split CD with Aldebaran in 2004.
There are multiple artists named Holocaust:
1. A Heavy Metal band from Edinburgh
2. A Wu-Tang clan affiliate aka Warcloud aka Robot Tank aka Alcatraz
3. A 60s garage punk band
4. A Canadian black metal duo, also known as Cumming Jehovah
5. A German black metal band.
6. A 1980s punk band from Christchurch, New Zealand. 1. Holocaust is one of metals most influential and pioneering bands. Tributes have been paid by no less than Metallica ("The Small Hours"), Six Feet Under ("Death or Glory"), and Gamma Ray ("Heavy Metal Mania"), among others.