There are seven artists with the name Thor: * Thor is the original rock warrior, and has been active since the 70's playing his unique brand of metal, developing a cult following around the world. Now in his late 50's Thor still actively tours bringing his rock and roll spectacle to new audiences every night. * Thor is a rock band from Chemnitz, Germany. * A Berkshire-based pop/psych outfit who recorded one acetate in the 60's.
There are 7 Artists named Anthem #1. Anthem is a legendary Japanese heavy metal band founded in Tokyo during 1981 as a quartet of singer Toshihito Maeda, guitarist Akifumi Koyanagi, bass player 柴田直人 (Naoto Shibata) ("Ski") and drummer Takamasa Ohuchi. Koyanagi left in late 1983 to be replaced by Hiroya Fukada. In December 1984 vocalist Toshihito Maeda also left and Anthem drafted 坂本英三 (Eizo Sakamoto) for their debut eponymous album issued in July 1985 by Nexus and licensed to Europe via Roadrunner Records.
Oliver/Dawson Saxon is a British heavy metal band formed in 1995 by former members of Saxon, guitarist Graham Oliver and bassist Steve Dawson. In 1994, Graham Oliver and Steve Dawson, founding members of Saxon, reunited under the name Son of a Bitch (which had been Saxon's own name originally, before they became well known) and released Victim You. In 2000 after a period of inactivity they decided to officially rename themselves Oliver/Dawson Saxon.
There are at least three artists with this name: 1) Australian Heavy Metal Band (1981 ~ Present) Taipan are a 3 piece from Melbourne that has helped pioneer Heavy metal in Australia.
Their first e.p Breakout, sold 10,000 copies in Europe and the band has a strong worldwide fan base.They reformed in 2007 to record Stonewitch and have another album Flamethrower that has just been released & will be available on itunes shortly.
Manilla Road is an American heavy metal band from Wichita, Kansas, USA, forming around its master of lead guitar Mark 'The Shark' Shelton (vocals and guitar). They are considered the creators and masters of the the so-called "epic metal" subgenre. Manilla Road was created by Shelton in 1977 with high school friends Benny Munkirs, Rick Fisher and brothers Robert and Scott Park. After playing in local bars, the group first gained attention with their song "Herman Hill," inspired by the Herman Hill riot.
There are six bands with this name: (1) LORD is a hard rock band formed in 1972 in Szombathely, Hungary.
(2) Lord is a black metal band formed in 1993 in France.
(3) LORD is a power/heavy metal band formed in 2003 in Wollongong, Australia.
(4) Lord is an mc/lyricist from Estonia.
(5) Lord is a sludge/stoner metal band from Fredricksburg, Virginia founded in 1990.
(6) LORD is an instrumental rock/prog band from Portland, Oregon.
- - -
Maniac is known to be the name of six musical artists:
1. A new project of The Matches frontman Shawn Harris and Something With Numbers frontman Jake Grigg. Formed in 2009 under the name Maniac, they currently have a blog for posting song clips of their covers of the current Billboard Hot 100 number one single. They have so far covered "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas and are set to release their debut album in 2010. Their debut album, Mania, can be previewed and purchased from their official website at http://maniacmania.com/
There are multiple artists named Holocaust:
1. A Heavy Metal band from Edinburgh
2. A Wu-Tang clan affiliate aka Warcloud aka Robot Tank aka Alcatraz
3. A 60s garage punk band
4. A Canadian black metal duo, also known as Cumming Jehovah
5. A German black metal band.
6. A 1980s punk band from Christchurch, New Zealand. 1. Holocaust is one of metals most influential and pioneering bands. Tributes have been paid by no less than Metallica ("The Small Hours"), Six Feet Under ("Death or Glory"), and Gamma Ray ("Heavy Metal Mania"), among others.
Tysondog were a English heavy metal band formed in Newcastle, in the year 1983 during the NWOBHM boom. They quickly signed to Neat Records and issued their debut single 'Eat the Rich' that same year. 1984 saw their first full-length, 'Beware of the Dog,' which was produced by none other than Cronos of Venom. Cronos even perfomed backing vocals on the track "Demon" (listen for him in the chorus). An EP, 'Shoot to Kill' was released in 1985...
Yngwie Johann Malmsteen (born Lars Johan Yngve Lannerb