In 1988 after sending in only one demo song AXXIS were signed to EMI Electrola. The debut album "Kingdom of the Night", 1989 which was already released in Europe, Canada, Japan, Australia and the USA sold 100 000 copies immediately. It became the best selling debut album by a Hard Rock band in Germany in 1989. "Axxis II" marked a similar huge success in 1990, followed by the authentic and energetic live release "Access All Areas" a year later. The ambitious "The Big Thrill" became a best seller in 1993.
There are at least five groups with the name of Drone. 1) German thrash metal band
2) Welsh IDM producer
3) electronica producer from Frankfurt
4) US altrock band
5) A psytrance act 1) Founded 2004 in Celle (Germany), the metal band "Drone" released a 6-track-EP entitled "Octane" in January 2006. Greatest efforts so far include:
- Winning the international final of "metal battle" contest, which was held in August 2006 at the Wacken Open Air (see www.metal-battle.com)
- Reaching the West-German final of Emergenza contest 2006
Dutch vikingrock / streetcore band! New pioneers in the genre.
Great melodies, agressive power, relentless vocals... Their motto:
"Many people say violence is not the anwser,
but it's a language people understand..." Check for their latest album "The sword of our ancestors"
Release date: December 2008. Earlier work:
"Born immortal", Rebellion Records 2004: Raw, agressive, but very melodic debut. A fresh wind in streetrock. Mandatory!
Cripper is a German thrash metal band formed in 2005. In 2006 they released the demo album Killer Escort Service which can be downloaded for free from their homepage. In 2007 their first full length album Freak Inside was released. Then came the album Devil Reveals released in 2009. In 2012 the album Antagonist was released.
There are five artists using this name: 1) The seeds of this sunny seaside dream-pop began when Tarabud (vocals & bass), Dennis Bestafka (guitars), & Billy Mower (drums) joined forces after a chance meeting in the San Francisco music scene. With their mutual desire from the likes of Cocteau Twins/Smith/U2/My BloodyValentine/Cure, all 80's synth and 90's dream-pop, they easily shared inspirations to be create their sound. The following series of albums were self released by them:
In Extremo is one of the most famous folk metal bands, originating from Berlin, Germany in 1995. The band's musical style combines heavy metal with medieval traditional songs, blending the sound of the standard metal instruments with traditional instruments such as the bagpipes, harp, hurdy-gurdy and shawm. Versions of well-known traditional/medieval ballads make up the main part of their repertoire, though over the years the band has also begun to write some original material using the German language.
Catharina Hagen (born on March 11, 1955) is a singer from East Berlin, Germany. She's a daughter of well-known East German actress Eva-Maria Hagen and writer Hans Oliva-Hagen. They divorced 5 years later due to the rising success of Eva-Maria (called "East Germany's Brigitte Bardot") as an actress on stage and in films. When Catharina (Nina) was 10 years old Eva-Maria had a partnership with dissident song-writer Wolf Biermann (see links at the end).
for the Japanese one, see ａｔｔｉｃ 1) Attic is a German heavy-metal band, mainly influenced by Mercyful Fate and King Diamond, founded in 2010 in Gelsenkirchen/Lünen. They released their first album, "The Invocation", in 2012. 2) Attic consists of Nicolas (Drums), Jency (Bass), Simon (Guitar) and Yuri (Vocals). While they were all 14 years old, they competed in the Belgian preselections for the 2006 Junior Eurosong Contest.
Georg Philipp Telemann (14th March 1681–25th June 1767) was a German Baroque composer, born in Magdeburg. Self-taught in music, he studied law at the University of Leipzig. The most prolific composer of his era, he was a contemporary of Johann Sebastian Bach and a life-long friend of Georg Friedrich Händel. While in the present day Bach is generally thought of as the greater composer, Telemann was more widely renowned for his musical abilities during his lifetime.
1. The band (= Life After Weekend) was formed in 1993 in the german town called Duisburg. Three guys Uli Rogosch (vocals/guitar). Uwe Skirde (bass) and Andreas Halfmann (drums/vocals) started the project hitting their instruments in the garage of Uli's father. At first they played songs of Nirvana and U2 before they soon started writing their own stuff. The three letters LAW stand for "Life after Weekend" and the 2nd guitar player Marcel Jonen (guitar/vocals) joined the band in 1996. They went through typical stages every young band has to.