1) Formed in 1999 when Jess "stole" Claire from former band Little Green Pants The first 3 songs ever written by SugarComa are 'Bed of Dolls', 'Boy in Chains' (now known as Zero Star) and 'Heartworm'. These went on to be Coma classics. After a couple of other songs were written, the band recorded an amateur-sounding demo tape in the St Edwards school studio. The bands first proper gig took place at The Walthamstow Standard, supporting a Metallica tribute act.
There are several artists with the name Dave Stewart:
1) Dave Stewart (prefers David A. Stewart) is most renown as one half of the succesful 80s pop duo Eurythmics
2) Dave Stewart is a British keyboardist and former member of Egg, Hatfield And The North, National Health and Bruford, now works with vocalist Barbara Gaskin
3) Dave Stewart is a British drummer with the group Camel
4) Dave Stewart is a British guitarist and vocalist with Steve Hillage's band
Love Connection is a Melbourne four-piece making synth-washed hypno-pop, crafted using instruments made entirely of glitter, rainbows and the hairs of unicorns. Their debut self titled album, Love Connection, was released by Sensory Projects early 2010. Love Connection was the shortlived moniker of house producer Ricky Romanini, who scored a Euro hit with the 2000 single 'The Bomb'.
New Rhodes were formed in Bristol in 2001. Less than a year after they formed and while still only teenagers, they played two nights at the famous Glastonbury festival on the Leftfield Stage and were soon supporting the likes of Razorlight, The Dears, The Delays, Hope of the States, The Killers, The Gliteratti, The Futureheads and Bloc Party.
The band's strong fan base throughout the UK and beyond includes many other bands with members of Bloc Party, The Futureheads and Keane as well as Graham Coxon all being photographed sporting New Rhodes Badges or T shirts.
Busy saving the city from the brick wall arm crossing and the casual head nods, Brooklyn's own Body Language has risen from the DIY venue basements armed with the kinetic dynamite you would expect from the name. Their original music was born from weekly dance party remixes crafted by Grant Wheeler and Matt Young, and graced by the soul stylings of Ms. Angelica Bess. Their efforts, which illustrated their arrival into Brooklyn, were delivered in a five track EP called “Speaks".
In his past lives, PIG was Lord Raymond Watts, known variously as Raymond Scaballero in Foetus, an icy addition to Psychic TV, a savage PA destroyer in Einstürzende Neubauten, and a founding catalyst of KMFDM. Watts began his arrest record in London where he was most likely pissed off about something and doing sound manipulations, loops and live sound for Psychic TV. He soon crashed into Einstürzende Neubauten (probably in a strip bar) and escaped the smug complacency of the English music scene by moving to Hamburg...
There are at least four artists with the name Elegy: 1. Elegy are a progressive metal/power metal band from the Netherlands. They formed in 1986. 2. Elegy were a supposedly German Krautrock Band which were actually from Britain but were pretty much based full-time in Austria. They released the single "No Direction / Pain" in early 1971 which was recorded at the studios of Peter Mueller, Vienna. The A-Side "No Direction" was compiled on "Kraut! Demons! Kraut! Vol. 1 German Psychedelic Underground 1968-1974".
Surf City first came in to existence when bored friends Davin Stoddard and Josh Kennedy met at a party in Mt Roskill, Auckland, New Zealand in 2004. Tired of the heavy avant-garde music that was prolific at the time Stoddard and Kennedy teamed up with Josh