There are two bands known as The Stripes. 1. The Stripes are a five - piece band hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia at 2004. The Stripes members are Khairul Ikhwan (Vocals), Taqwaditra Assahaum (Guitar), Mohammad Putra Artadi (Guitar), Bong Bong Prakoso Napitupulu (Bass), and Ryan Savero (Drum). They are playing Alternative Garage Funk Rock music. They're influences are The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Incubus, The S.I.G.I.T, Wolfmother, and other rock band especially in UK. Now they're in process to make debut EP.
There are 4 artists which go by the name of Pez: 1) a hard, experimental Rock trio from Argentina
2) an Australian Emcee from Melbourne
3) an emcee based in Plymouth, UK
4) a producer from Holland*.
5) an electro-popartist from Holland 1) Pez was formed in December 1993 by Ariel Minimal on Guitar and Voice, together with the Barbieri brothers (Poli on drums and Alez on bass). The project is a hard, experimental Rock trio that started to play on the Buenos Aires circuit in 1994.
There are two musical groups called The Wellingtons: 1. An Australian power-pop group.
2. An American folk group - -
1. The Wellingtons (power-pop) Australia’s The Wellingtons continue to inject all that is cute, smart, and sweet into their crafted up-beat power pop tunes. It’s the sound that’s brought them devoted fans in the U.S, Canada and Spain and major success in Japan where their first two albums have not only sold strongly but led the band to tour live houses, packed with smiling fans in many of their major cities.
John Paul Hammond (born 13th November 1942), also known as "John Hammond Jr", is a blues singer and guitarist. He usually plays acoustic guitars and dobros and sings in a barrelhouse style. Since 1962, when he made his debut on Vanguard Records, Hammond has made 29 albums. In the 1990s he recorded for the Pointblank label. Hammond has earned one Grammy Award and been nominated for four others. He is the son of the legendary record producer John H. Hammond.
Brendan Benson is a Detroit, Michigan born musician and singer-songwriter. He plays guitar, bass guitar, keyboard and drums. He has released four solo albums and is a member of the band The Raconteurs. His music is typically labeled as power pop, though he doesn't completely agree. His major musical influences include The Cars, David Bowie, Electric Light Orchestra, Elvis Costello, The Kinks, Robyn Hitchcock, Paul McCartney, and Todd Rundgren.
The Cruel Sea is a multi-ARIA Award winning 90s Australian rock/blues outfit. Originally an instrumental band focused on surf sounds, the addition of vocalist Tex Perkins (also a member of The Beasts Of Bourbon and a solo artist) proved an inspired decision. Combining the charismatic Perkins with the highly talented musicians created an unstoppable force through much of the 90s. Members of the band continue to perform, though with the exception of Perkins, most activity is fairly low key.
Lead singer Mika Handa arrived in London in 1998, with the goal of playing in a punk band. Recruitment for the band began with the arrival in London of the guitarist Agi. Another Mika (Mika Kanayama) on bass introduced an element of musicality to the bass department while a North London boy, Ergi, provided the drums. In 2000, they signed with the Beastie Boys' label Grand Royal. Mika Bomb performed in the West Country plugging their singles "Super Sexy Razor Happy Girls" and "Heart Attack".
Lonski & Classen are from Berlin.
The Carolines are a five-piece band based in Portland, Oregon, made up of brothers Aaron (lead vocals, piano) and Nathan Trueb (lead guitar), Nate Purscelley (guitars, trumpet, background vocals), Matthew Lenhart (bass, background vocals) and Jared Abraham (drums, background vocals). The Carolines self-describe their musical roots as "'Hey Jude'-era Beatles and Supertramp with touches of Steely Dan.