British dance-pop outfit, State of Grace was formed in the early '90s by classically trained vocalist Sarah Simmonds and guitarist Paul Arnall. The group debuted in England with a string of danceable singles that were largely reminiscent of the Cocteau Twins' dreamy, melodic pop. The first of these singles, "Camden," appeared in 1992, and was followed by "Love Pain and Passion" and "Miss You," all of which were later included on a compilation of singles and rarities titled Pacific Motion. In 1993, they released the Hello EP, to moderate critical response.
Whirr is the name of at least two artists: 1. With their steady ebb and flow of warm, effects-laden sounds, northern California’s Whirr (Formerly Whirl) give the sounds of 90s shoegaze a widescreen update for the post-millennial era. The young sextet’s walls of lush guitars, breathy vocals, dreamy synth and thunderous drumming propel listening ears into a near-cinematic realm where instantly catchy melodies and emotional, enveloping atmospheres hang perfectly in the balance.
Balam Acab is the musical project of 21 year old Pennsylvania, USA native Alec Koone. Balam Acab's contributions fit squarely into the contemporary witch house canon made popular by bands such as Purity Ring and Salem. Forming tracks consisting mainly of arpeggiated riffs and synthesized beats layered over obscure, distorted samples alluding to classic animated films, Balam Acab creates a dream world worthy of its nostalgic references.
Jessica Bailiff is an American singer-songwriter from Toledo, Ohio. Her music is largely classified as slowcore, although it contains elements of post-rock. It is essentially a droning, experimental style of slow-tempo music which coalesces textured, blurry and surreal sounds with immersed vocals. her most recent release is a 4-track ep, recorded with Annelies Monseré. This was released as the cd 'untitled ep' by 'Jessica Bailiff & Annelies Monseré' www.brainwashed.com/jb
GB is Glenn Bennie, a driving force behind the Underground Lovers, one of Australia's most innovative bands of the '90s. GB3 refers to the collaborative nature of the album - in the studio at any one time were Glenn, his studio off-sider Tim Prince, and a guest vocalist or musician. The collaborators are a mix of Glenn's musical heroes (including Steve Kilbey and the late-great Grant McLennan) and the hottest new stars in Australian independent music (including Sarah Blasko and Sianna from Love Outside Andromeda).
Alternative / Indie Pop from Chicago
"There is a guarentee that you can dance, prance, hop, frolic and even break it down while listening to Through The Glass."
There is more than one artist with this name: 1. A technical/experimental death metal band from Australia.
2. An atmospheric neo-prog/metal band created by members of Cynic, from Miami, USA.
3. An independent progressive rock band from Edmonton, Canada.
4. A dreampop/electronic/ambient band based in Staffordshire, UK.
5. A hardcore breaks/nu rave act from London, UK.
6. An electronic/ambient artist from California, USA.
7. An Egyptian/British rock band based in Cairo, Egypt.
8. Mistag of the soundtrack to the video-game from Valve Corporation. See below
1) Loop was a South London band founded in 1986 by Robert Hampson and his then wife, Bex. Loop's sound was characterized by strong krautrock and avant-garde influences in addition to the minimalist mayhem of The Stooges and MC5. Their songs were almost uniformly harsh and repetitive, with indecipherable vocals buried under layers of noisy guitar riffs and metronomic drumming. Some of the records featured covers of Suicide, The Pop Group and Can as bonus tracks.
Sea Of Bees is the creation of Sacramento resident vocalist/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Julie Ann Bee (Julie Baenziger). One day Julie, or Jules to those closest to her, was singing in Tape Op Magazine publisher John Baccigaluppi's studio "The Hangar", to which John felt immediately compelled to introduce himself.
An EP (Bee Eee Pee) and LP later (both firsts), Jules seems ready to bring her music (the result of much collaboration and dedication) to the limelight.