Grin may refer to multiple artists.
1) An early 70s American rock band best-known for featuring Nils Lofgren on guitar;
2) An independent alternative rock band based in Chicago, now known as Quasar Wut-Wut. 1) Grin was an early 70s rock group based in the Washington D.C metro area whose debut release came out in 1971 on the CBS/Spindizzy Label. The group featured a 19-year-old prodigal alumni of Walter Johnson High School in Bethesda, MD, that being Nils Lofgren on guitar.
Grin may refer to multiple artists.
Yowie, a dual-guitar and drums trio from St. Louis, have been stunning audiences with their incomparable barrage of sonic kung fu. They accelerate the progressive-rock rhythmic sensibilities of Ruins and Magma and mutate them with the shrieker side of Big Black and Slayer. The band incorporates many variations in time signature, tempo, and tuning, to create a virtual audio maze, but no matter how complex things get, their compositions remain cohesive and compelling. After releasing their debut album Cryptooology on Skin Graft, they lost a guitarist.
There are at least four bands named "Husky":
1. A downtempo duo from Poland
2. A rock band from the United States
3. A rock band from Australia
4. An indie rock band from Mexico 1) Polish electronica-downtempo duo consisting of Patrycja Hefczynska (vocalist/writer) and Jacek Dojwa (composer/producer). Their music is influenced by such artists as Björk, Craig Armstrong, Amon Tobin, Telefon Tel Aviv, Portishead and Lamb. They released two LP's: "Czy słyszysz?" (eng. Do you hear) in 2002 and "Zgadnij" (eng. Guess) in 2006.
Vinnie Moore plays melodic instrumental rock. He began to play the guitar at the age of 12 and joined his first band 3 years later. Since 2003, he has played guitar for the British hard rock band UFO. Along with Yngwie Malmsteen, Tony MacAlpine, and others, Moore is often cited as one of the greatest shred guitar artists of all time. Vinnie is endorsed by Ernie Ball MusicMan guitars, and constantly supports them by doing clinic tours, also, he recently got a new amp sponsorship. Vinnie recently signed an endorsement with Dean Guitars.
Jakob is a New Zealand post-rock band, based in Napier, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand. The band consists of guitarist Jeff Boyle; bassist Maurice Beckett; and drummer Jason Johnston. They have been compared to such bands as Mogwai, Sonic Youth, and High Dependency Unit, though they largely eschew any vocals or samples in their songs. The band formed in July 1998, and began by opening for New Zealand bands Salmonella Dub and Pitch Black at the local pub O'Flaherty's.
Shawn Mullins (born March 8, 1968 in Piedmont hospital, Atlanta, Georgia) is a singer songwriter who specializes in folk rock, Instrumental rock, and adult alternative music. Shawn's voice varies widely standing out along with his rythym acoustical, electric guitar strokes. Shawn travels with his sound man and tour manager, Big Kip Conner. Mullins's earlier work was influenced by acoustic and power-pop groups such as the Violent Femmes, The Producers and the Indigo Girls.
The group was christened the FIREBALLS® after their standing ovation performance of "Great Balls of Fire" at the Raton High School PTA talent contest in New Mexico, USA...January 1958. By the year's end they had auditioned for the late Norman Petty at his already internationally famous recording studio at 1313 W. 7th Street, Clovis, New Mexico, where it stands today - a monumental contribution to the birth of early Southwest style Rock & Roll.
Banyan is an art rock/alternative rock band with heavy jazz, funk, and punk influence, based in Los Angeles, California. The leader and co-founder is Stephen Perkins, who first played drums for Jane's Addiction (1986-1991, plus later regroupings), and then for Porno For Pyros. He co-founded the group with David Turin. The core members of the band are Nels Cline on guitar, Willie Waldman on trumpet and Ex-Minutemen Mike Watt on bass. Mike Watt also sings on some Banyan songs.
G3 is an almost annual live music show and concert tour featuring three select guitarists of the generation; hence its name. It was created by guitarists Joe Satriani and Steve Vai in 1996. Since its inception G3 has featured many guitarists including: Yngwie Malmsteen, John Petrucci, Robert Fripp, Eric Johnson, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Uli Jon Roth, Michael Schenker, Adrian Legg, Paul Gilbert and many other special guests, including Steve Lukather, Steve Morse and drummer Mike Portnoy. There are three official live releases of G3: