1. Oz is a Finnish heavy metal band in the 80's. They're not very well known these days but they were among the first and most succesful bands and did some solid groundwork for the Finnish metal scene that blooms today. The band retired after releasing the "Roll the Dice" album, but reunited, located in Sweden, in February 2010. The band has, until this day, released 5 studio albums, 1 EP, Two singles and has appeared on "Scandinavian Metal Attack" splits 1 & 2.
CMX (short for Cloaca Maxima) is a Finnish rock group consisting of A.W. Yrjänä (vocals, bass), Janne Halmkrona (guitar) and Timo Rasio (guitar). Starting as an English language hardcore punk band, CMX eventually moved to a bit more conventional style of rock, even though their music could be described as somewhat experimental (at least when compared to the other Finnish mainstream rock groups). Known for Yrjänä's folklore-esque lyrics, riped with references to religion, mythology...
RinneRadio is a trio of musicians from Finland. Operating on the boundaries of jazz and electronic music, the output of RinneRadio has been described as "some jazz, plenty of techno and ambient influences, a few poppy melodies, and hints of world music". The biography on the band's website provides this description of the music they produce: "RinneRadio fuses electronic underground beats with progressive jazz.
Midland's based band 'Dials' have been together little over a year after forming out of the ashes of various disbanded projects. Towards the end of 2008 they recorded and self-released their self-titled debut ep. It was met with great praise and you can find some of the tracks at http://www.myspace.com/dialsband
There exist five acts with this name: 1. A side project of Lycia members Mike Vanportfleet and fellow member David Galas
2. An atmospheric/ambient/raw dark/black metal with vocals reminiscent of early Burzum.
3. A Finnish rock band
4. A death.blues London, UK band
5. A techno act from sweden. -----
1) In the midst of an incredibly prolific time for the band Lycia during the mid-'90s, bandleader Mike Vanportfleet and fellow member David Galas found time to create a side project...
There are 7 Bands/artists called "Sniper":
1)Sniper is a French hip hop band composed of four sons of immigrants from the suburbs of Paris. The band was formed in 1997 under the name Personnalité Suspecte, but changed its name later. Many of the group's songs handle very political themes, such as the Israeli occupation of Palestine in Jeteur de pierre and a perceived injustice in the French political system in La France.
Kimon Kukulis, who moved to finland from Greece in 1991, became interested in electronic music when he was still rather young. He started producing his first tracks around 1997, producing different varieties of break-pop until he heard mixtapes made by DJ Neon. After a few changes he found 'his own thing' and started using the artist name Nomic. His style became what he has always loved most in music. Nomic's music is easiest to recognize from the energy, melancholic melodies and powerful crescendos.
Petteri Sariola plays a very percussive style that he calls
Mistreat is a RAC band, from Kouvola Finland, formed in 1988. Discography:
Faith and fury (1995)
The Flame From The North (1997)
Waffenbrüder (Split with Kraftschlag, 1997)
Battle Cry (2000)
Ultimate Mistreat (2001)
Beer bottles & Hockey sticks (Split with Bound For Glory, 2001)
Best of... (Vinyl, 2002)
Unfinished Business (2003)
Never forgive - never forget (2005) Mistreat document part I (youtube)
Mistreat document part II (youtube)