from, Shelton, Hamden,
United States Pissed Off Connecticut Hardcore. They have played with such bands as Death Threat, Terror, Ramallah, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Hope Conspiracy, Doomriders, Ignite, Down to Nothing, Comeback Kid, Pale Horse, Black My Heart, Death Before Dishonor, Sinking Ships, Modern Life Is War, Guns Up, Shipwreck, and First Blood just to name a few. Be on the look out for a East Coast Winter Tour.
taken from myspace.com/batemanct
Natalie Portman (Hebrew: נטלי פורטמן; born June 9, 1981) is an Academy Award winning Israeli-American actress. Portman began her career in the early 1990s, turning down the opportunity to become a child model in favor of acting. Her first role came in the 1994 independent film Leon: The Professional, however her breakout role did not come until she was cast as Padmé Amidala in the Star Wars prequel trilogy.
Ambitions began in 2005 as a way for Jay and Jeff Aust and John Ross to challenge the boundaries that separate hardcore and punk. Taking a range of diverse influences, not the least of which include Quicksand, Turning Point, Face To Face, and Avail, Ambitions released a demo and began to play shows all along the east coast. In September of 2006, Ambitions released their EP "Question" on Think Fast! which garnered rave reviews and caught the attention of Bridge Nine. They went on to release their debut LP Stranger on November 6, 2007.
There are at least three artists which use this name
1. A noisecore / sludge band from the United States
2. An alternative rock band from the United Kingdom
3. A drum and bass producer 1) Cable is an American noisecore band formed in 1994 in Rockville, CT. Though they have changed their style over the years, Cable was originally part of the first wave of bands playing in the so-called noisecore style (as it later became known), combining a hardcore/emo aesthetic with a rhythmically complex, often discordant metal-influenced musical approach.
There are two artists known as Artifacts:
1. The Artifacts, a hip hop duo
2. Artifacts, a hardcore punk band 1.) The Artifacts were a throwback hip-hop duo from Newark, NJ. Their music reflected and emphasized three of the four elements of true hip-hop culture: MCing, DJing, and their specialty, graffiti writing or “bombing”; both Tame One and El Da Sensei are proficient at all three. With unique styles that play off each other well, Tame and El’s graff-rap was well received by underground audiences and continued in the Jersey rap tradition of Redman and Lords of the Underground.
There are at least seven bands with this name, although it's likely that more exist. The first is a metal band, formed in 2000 by the vocalist Bernd Eitel in the German town of Moenchengladbach. After undergoing a few lineup changes over the years the band is now: Bernd, Martyn, Heiner, Karsten and David. NO have gigged extensively in Germany and also played shows in Switzerland and Holland. In March 2006 NO released their demo CD "...is still the best answer to almost every question" and played a release show in their hometown.
The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die are an atmospheric emo / indie rock band from Willimantic, CT. The band was formed in 2009 and has undergone several lineup changes since its inception. TWIABP's now 8 piece lineup writes the songs collaboratively and often on-the-spot with vocal duties shared by 4 members. The band's sound is easily compared to second wave post-emo indie rock bands of the late 90s and early 2000s and their atmospheric moments are often tagged as "post-rock.
Adios Pantalones is a 3 piece Psychobilly band, formed in Belgium.
Their sound is familiar with early psychobilly bands.
You will never catch BLACASTAN rocking a mullet or a neon cardigan. Blacastan will never duet with a boy band or auto-tune his lyrics. His sound is not only the past, but a glimpse of an unpaved lane on the highway to hip hop's holy land, the physical embodiment of this rap shit the way it was meant to be heard. The second coming of the shit you used to watch @ 4:30 PM on BET in 1994. Classic material.
THE PHILISTINES JR. are brothers Peter & Tarquin Katis, drummer Adam Pierce and an extended musical family including piano/theremin virtuoso, Rob Schwimmer, and inventor/musician, Leon Dewan among others. With a reputation as No-Fi home studio recording wizards, they have been recording and releasing their unique brand of experimental pop music since 1990...on their own TARQUIN RECORDS label. Due to Peter's successful producing career (Interpol, The National, etc)...