Tearing through the speakers like a swamp monster summoned from some dark cosmic morass, Texas riffmasters Wo Fat unapologetically blast out a southern fried, blues-infused version of Psychedelic Doom, conjuring up visions of hoodoo shacks, prowling undead, hell hounds at the crossroads, Lovecraftian cultists and ghouls, and worlds beyond where the riff reigns almighty. Wo Fat rose from the deep and began their psyche-doom-adelic quest circa 2003 when guitarist Kent Stump formed the band with drummer Michael Walter and bassist Tim Wilson.
Solo Grungegaze cum Dark Psychedelicore cum Doom Folk cum Symphonic Noisewave cum Space Pop cum Gothic Soul cum Crust Pop cum Math Funk cum Acid Metal cum Sludgetherealindustrial cum Powerpopviolence cum Southern Postcore project of Mr Black conceived around 2001 as a solo project of Mr Black but not started until sometime in the 90's. Mr Black split up in 2010 following the death of Mr Black leaving behind a wide and well-received catalogue of absolutely no albums whatsoever.
Exeter based rockers Six Shooter are Ben Embery, Richard Perkins, Dan Davies and Robin Haywood they produce Hard Rock Blues sounds with a fried psychedelic and stoner twist. Six Shooter were formed by Ben Embery after moving to Exeter to go to University. Richard Perkins and Rob Haywood, friends in halls, joined and they began to write original music. Drummer Dan Davies joined the ranks in May 2006 and since then they have been gigging as much as they can. Six Shooter's first E.P is written, recording has commenced.
There are at least 12 bands called Magnolia: 1) Female Country Duo. > www.magnoliacountry.com
2) Romanian quality disco/pop band > www.magnoliamusic.ro
3) French trip-hop band that released "Intravenus".
4) New Zealand breakbeat/electronica/dub band.
5) Israeli post-rock/metal band.
6) Swedish rock band.
7) A Quebec band led by Melanie Auclair, cellist from Lhasa De Sela.
8) An italian screamo band from Torino's underground scene.
9) Japanese band led by Maiko Kishi (mai-Magnolia), Tsuru Onishi (g.), Toshiyuki Kasahara (b.), Kyoichi Shiino (dr.)