Jack Oblivian (b. Jack Yarber), is an singer-songwriter & guitarist, based in Memphis, TN, USA. He was a founding member of the garage-bands: The Compulsive Gamblers & The Oblivans - He, currently, fronts Jack-O & The Tennessee Tearjerkers. Yarber has also been a member, or contributed to: The End, Johnny Vomit & The Dry Heaves, Andre Williams, The Knaughty Knights, South Filthy, The Cool Jerks, The Limes, '68 Comeback, King Louie & His Loose Diamonds, Greg Oblivian & the Tip Tops, Jack Oblivian & The Cigarillos, The Natural Kicks and Tav Falco's Panther Burns.
There are at least 6 bands called Monster: 1) ska-soul-punk band from Sweden
2) heavy/hard/thrash metal band from Brazil
3) Los Angeles-based indie-rock
4) HC band Mönster from Germany.
5) band from British Columbia, Canada.
6) Korean pop boy's band group called 몬스터
7) Swedish chiptune artist called MONSTER 1) Monster a ska-soul-punk band from Sweden that split up in 2000. They released two albums: "Rockers Delight" (1997), "Gone Gone Gone/A Bash Dem" (1999) and some EPs.
Noise & Rapps from Memphis,TN. Cities Aviv is the sole project of Gavin M. with collaborations. Stay Gold Digital Lows - http://www.mediafire.com/?hz5txt0e2czqf08
1. Oz is a Finnish heavy metal band in the 80's. They're not very well known these days but they were among the first and most succesful bands and did some solid groundwork for the Finnish metal scene that blooms today. The band retired after releasing the "Roll the Dice" album, but reunited, located in Sweden, in February 2010. The band has, until this day, released 5 studio albums, 1 EP, Two singles and has appeared on "Scandinavian Metal Attack" splits 1 & 2.
Guy Sebastian is a successful Australian singer/songwriter whose recording career was launched spectacularly when he won the inaugural Australian Idol competition in November 2003. Since then Sebastian has released 5 studio albums which have been awarded 10 platinum & 1 gold accreditation for albums, and 8 platinum and 2 gold accreditations for singles. On his 5 albums, Sebastian has collaborated with many fine musicians/artists such as John Mayer, Steve Cropper, Robin Thicke, David Ryan Harris, Brian McKnight and most recently a duet with Jordin Sparks.
Playa G is self-produced and acclaimed for intricate, multi-layered compositions which show an influence from Sega Genesis/Megadrive game music composer Yuzo Koshiro.
If Valerie June had been a roots artist in America 80 years ago, and she often sings as if she was, she might have been a principle influence on today's myriad retro troubadours, hers a stunningly emotive amalgamation of blues, folk, gospel, soul, Appalachian and bluegrass (including irresistible banjo). She exists, however, today, an artist as modern as an iPod Shuffle, a musician for the generation which carries the entire history of recorded music so casually inside its phone.
Justin Randall Timberlake (born January 31, 1981 in Memphis, Tennessee) is a Grammy Award winning singer, actor, producer and dancer. He rose to fame as one of the front men of the hugely successful pop group *NSYNC. He released his debut solo album, Justified, in 2002 and it went on to sell over nine million copies worldwide, solidifying Timberlake's position as a pop superstar. Timberlake's second album, FutureSex/LoveSounds, was released in 2006 and featured numerous hit singles including My Love featuring T.I. and SexyBack featuring Timbaland.
Syl Johnson (b. July 1, 1936) is an American blues and soul singer and music producer. Born Sylvester Thompson in Holly Springs, Mississippi, Johnson sang and played with blues artists Magic Sam, Billy Boy Arnold, Junior Wells and Howlin' Wolf in the 1950s, before recording with Jimmy Reed for Vee-Jay in 1959. He made his solo debut that same year with Federal, a subsidiary of King Records of Cincinnati, backed by Freddie King on guitar.
Maniac is known to be the name of six musical artists:
1. A new project of The Matches frontman Shawn Harris and Something With Numbers frontman Jake Grigg. Formed in 2009 under the name Maniac, they currently have a blog for posting song clips of their covers of the current Billboard Hot 100 number one single. They have so far covered "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas and are set to release their debut album in 2010. Their debut album, Mania, can be previewed and purchased from their official website at http://maniacmania.com/