Master is the most well-known project of bassist, vocalist, and songwriter Paul Speckmann. They were well known in the early extreme metal underground, being both one of the first death metal bands, and one of the most influential alongside Death in the emerging death metal scene. The band began in 1983, and still exists today, having released several albums with many different lineups. Paul Speckmann started out as bass player in doom band War Cry, where he met up with drummer Bill Schmidt who was drafted in to replace previous War Cry drummer, Joe Laccino.
There are at least seven artists which use this name:
1. A metal band from Germany
2. A death metal band from Switzerland
3. An industrial band from Australia
4. A thrash metal band from Iceland
5. A progressive death metal band from Latvia
6. A punk band from the United States
7. A death grind band from the Ukraine 1. A metal band from Sinzig, Germany, who defined their style as modern death metal. The 5 friends released 2 EPs: "Coma" (2007) and "Branded" (2009, Web-EP). Both EPs are available for free download on their website.
There are at least 7 bands named Revenant: 1. Death/thrash U.S. band from late 80's/early 90's that at times featured members from Immolation and Incantation. Recorded a few demos, but only one full length called Prophecies of a Dying World, as well a couple of ep's. Split up during the mid 90's, yet made an attempt at reforming 2002 to release an ep only to split up again. 2. Revenant is a Thrash / Power / Speed Metal band from Hessen, Germany. One of the members ( Eric "Kalli" Kaldschmidt ) is in Abandoned.