1) Calvary was a band from Chicago, IL. Formed by Matt Weeks (Current, Ottawa, .Nema) joined by his friends Dave Song and Jeff Rice (Ottawa, .NEMA) after the demise of their previous band Dearborn S.S. in late summer of 2000, Calvary grew to be one of the most recognized bands on Weeks's own council records' roster. Matt Ryan (ex-Human Cock) joined the band on second guitar. Calvary recorded a demo with that setup and released it on april, 20th of 2001. The remainder of the year was spent playing local venues and writing material for an upcoming full-length.
Arctic can refer to two bands. 1. ARCTIC is an electropsych/space-rock band from Vancouver, Canada, formed in 2001.
2. Arctic is a rock band from Brisbane, Australia, formed in 2007. ------------ 1. ARCTIC draws much of its sonic inspiration from the vast expanses of the northern landscape where frontman Marcus Martin was raised. Growing up in Yellowknife, Martin would join his father, a pilot, on trips to remote settlements and camps in the Northwest Territories of Canada.
THE GEESE blend Rock Funk Pop & HipHop with a highly original Melbourne sound - Striking guitar licks, edgy vocals, stompin' bass lines fused by beats sure to rattle your rump. Live shows are a treat! THE GEESE are:
Redmond Reel - Vox, Keys
Teddy Winchester - Guitar
Maltese Falcon - Bass
Professor Orange - Drums
Roscoe Vacant is an alt.punk writer and performer from Cumnock in Ayrshire. His music ranges from political anti-folk through to piano and sax cabarock, via blues, folk and literary influences. Roscoe generally plays solo, but is occasionally accompanied by David Burns on guitar and mandolin, and even more occasionally by his The Kamikazes. Recent recordings feature guest performances by Glasgow 1978 punk rock legends The Zips, Scottish blues hero Dave Arcari and fellow folk punk songwriter, Dave Hughes...
Penny Broadhurst (born 1980 in Harrogate, UK) is a singer and songwriter, based in Leeds in West Yorkshire, UK. Penny is known for writing sharp lyrics, showcasing her unique voice and world view. She believes in hooks, harmonies and all-out pop music, and hates it when all the songs sound the same. Her Allons-y! EP was released in September 2007. She currently plays live with a band as Penny Broadhurst & The Maffickers.
Snake & Jet's Amazing Bullet Band is a indie rock band from Denmark consisting of Thor Rasmussen og Thomas Frederiksen. When playing live, the duo is expanded to a trio adding Laura Ratschau on bass. Snake & Jet's sound has elements of blues, rock, punk and synthpop all with a retro vibe. On their earlier releases their music was centered arouond a Hammond Organ and guitar, but their latest release, Stuff That Rotates sees the duo adding more vocals while diminishing the earlier importance of the organ.
MAPS AND COMPASSES VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XkYyFP86-o
Goodnight Owl can lead the way in two directions, an embrace of the dawn, or an adventure into the dark. Make it what you will, Central Australian born Eddie Alexander has developed his song writing to take the listener on a journey lyrically and musically.
1.to is an indierockband from Germany
2. Death metal band from Canton, Ohio, US. Discography
3. Metal band from Danville, Virginia, US.
4. ton is a project by Greeks Dimitis Damaskos (aka Damcase) and Haris Koutsokostas (aka Vokal Idiot). Analogue sound sources, field recordings and samples create a diverse audio environment in which you can distinguish the interaction of diverse musical influences.
Several artist appear under the name Brooklyn: 1) A short-lived rock band featuring Bad Brains member Daryl Jenifer and Adam Yauh from Beastie Boys who recorded a 15-song demo in late 1987. 2) A rapper from the Czech Republic 3) Co-founder of Heatbag records, Brooklyn is a member of Winnipeg's Most in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada who has two solo albums; Mind of a Heatbag (2009) and Only the Strong Survive (2011).