Frenzal Rhomb is an Australian punk rock band that formed in 1992, in Sydney, Australia. A long-standing institution in Sydney music scene but with a national and international base of fans, Frenzal have consistently nurtured new generations of young fans through endless touring, festival appearances and all ages shows. With a sound that is most often characterized as 'California pop/punk', the band is overtly left-wing political and known for their humorous, savage and insightful lyrics.
After almost 10 years and nearly 1000 shows, Melbourne power trio Antiskeptic have decided to finish their incredible journey this September. And what a journey it has been! Formed in the back of a record store in 1999, the band quickly rose to prominence through the strength of their energetic live shows and acclaimed recorded material. Hard working and independent, the band self-financed numerous EPs and albums including Memoirs of a Common Man (2001), Aurora (2003) and Monuments (2006).
One of the best punk bands to come out of Sydney ( or Australia) in the early 80
The Cosmic Psychos are a rock band based in Melbourne and rural Victoria in Australia. An underground band that has only ever achieved limited recognition, they were cited as a significant influence on the Seattle grunge scene of 90s. In particular they have been referenced by members of Mudhoney and Pearl Jam and have supported both bands. Known for their droning, fuzzed-out bass and wah-wah guitar with repetitive lyrics...
There are at least four acts under Edison name: 1) American rock band, Edison,
2) Mysterious one man act from Japan, responsible for the animated adaptation of the BLACK LAGOON manga, EDISON.
3) Australian screamo/emo band from Woodend, Victoria.
4) Beat juggler out of San Francisco, CA and signed to Kid Without Radio label, 1) Edison: Ethan Isaac — Vocals Jonathan Svec — Guitar Joel Kelley — Guitar Todd Budich — Drums Anton Kreisl — Bass
The Celibate Rifles are a rock band from Sydney, Australia. The band was formed in 1979 and released their first album Sideroxylon in April 1983 on the Hot Records label. The band has toured both America and Europe extensively, releasing fourteen studio albums.
Kent Steedman, Dave Morris, Michael Couvret, Phillip Jacquet and Ian Martin conceived the band in 1979 when they were still in high school. The band's name is believed to be inspired by (being a complete antonym of) the Sex Pistols.
Extortion is a hardcore punk / powerviolence band from Perth, Western Australia. Discography: - Demo Tape (2005)
- Extortion 7”/CD (2005)
- Degenerate LP/CD (DEEP SIX/Common Bond, 2006)
- Control 7”/CD (DEEP SIX/Trial And Error, 2007)
- Sick LP/CD (Common Bond, 2008)
- Split w/ Rupture 5" (2008)
- Split w/ Agents Of Abhorrence 7" (DEEP SIX, 2008)
- Terminal Cancer EP (Shortfuse, 2009)
- Split w/ Septic Surge 7" (RSR, 2009)
- Split w/ Jed Whitey 7" (distort, 2009)
- Loose Screws 10"/CD (resist, 2010)
Bodyjar was an Australian punk rock band based in Melbourne, that formed in 1994, when they changed their name from 'Helium'. Their song "Not The Same" was also featured in the video game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. Bodyjar have released 7 albums, 6 of which were recorded in studio and their latest which is a live recording entitled 'Is It Alive'. The band contained two of its original members, Cameron Baines (lead vocals/guitar) and Grant Relf (Bass) when they split.