The origins of New Zealand's Verlaines can be traced back as early as 1979, with the group's founder Graeme Downes took direct inspiration from fellow Dunedin group, the Clean to form a band of his own. It wasn't until 1981 that the group made their first public appearance with their initial five-piece line-up. The band have so far released seven full-length albums on three different labels, one mini album, three singles and two compilations.
There exist five acts with this name: 1. A side project of Lycia members Mike Vanportfleet and fellow member David Galas
2. An atmospheric/ambient/raw dark/black metal with vocals reminiscent of early Burzum.
3. A Finnish rock band
4. A death.blues London, UK band
5. A techno act from sweden. -----
1) In the midst of an incredibly prolific time for the band Lycia during the mid-'90s, bandleader Mike Vanportfleet and fellow member David Galas found time to create a side project...
There is more than one artist with this name: 1. Sol is a Seattle, Washington based hip-hop artist. His signature sound maintains a marriage between the core values of hip-hop and the mainstream sensibility of pop(ular) music. Sol says that he grew up on a combination of 90
There are two bands under the name of Come:
(1) An American indie rock band.
(2) A British experimental band founded by William Bennett, who would later go on to form the very influential band Whitehouse.
(1) Come was also an American indie rock band from 1990-2001. Come was formed in Boston, Massachusetts by Thalia Zedek (vocal, guitar), Chris Brokaw (guitar, vocal), Arthur Johnson (drums), and Sean O'Brien (bass).
Hailing from Canberra, Australia, Futility are a four piece death/doom band formed in mid 2007. Their first, self-titled album was released in 2009. Their latest offering 'The View From Here' was released in early 2012. Brendan deBear - Bass/Vocals
Nathan Youngberg - Guitar/Backup Vocals
Kurt Neist - Guitar
Duncan Beard - Drums