Keb' Mo' (born October 3, 1951 in South Los Angeles, California as Kevin Moore) is an American blues singer, guitarist, and songwriter. He first started recording in the early 1970s with Jefferson Airplane violinist Papa John Creach. Creach hired him when Moore was just twenty-one years old; Moore appeared on four of Creach's albums. He was further immersed in the blues with his long stint in the Whodunit Band, headed by Bobby "Blue" Bland producer Monk Higgins. Moore jammed with Albert Collins and Big Joe Turner.
There are 2 artists using this name: 1) The Rocket is a Belgian power pop (poppy oriented punk rock) band. They originated in the summer of 2007 near Antwerp. Band members are: - Geoff Van Calster (keyboards and backing vocals)
- Tom De Ridder (rhythm guitar and lead vocals)
- Stijn Debontridder (lead guitar and backing vocals)
- Rogier De Vries (drums)
- Joris Goetstouwers (bass guitar and backing vocals) The Rocket have released their debut self titled album in October 2009, and will release their sophomore EP 'Tales Of Madness And Mischief' in July 2010 on Funtime Records.
Curumin is a Brazilian musician. His style is sometimes called samba-funk, and it incorporates many jazz, bossa nova, and hip hop elements as well. Both his albums, Achados e Perdidos and Japanpopshow were released by ybmusic.
Mario Biondi is an Italian singer. Born in Catania, son of a popular song singer, still young sings in various small choruses. Years after he follows Califano, di capri, Bongusto, Fiorello and others in their tours. After a long series of participations with Italian and international artists and a small production of disco music, during 2006 he hits the success with the Schema Records album "Handful of Soul". His deep and warm voice recalls the great interpreters soul and rhythm and blues music.
Starship is an American rock band that operated from 1985 to 1989, reforming in 1992. In 1984, Paul Kantner left Jefferson Starship (San Francisco, California, USA). His former bandmates wanted to continue as Jefferson Starship, but Kantner, as the last founding member of Jefferson Airplane, took legal action over the "Jefferson" name. Kantner settled out of court and signed an agreement that neither party would use the names "Jefferson" or "Airplane" unless all members of Jefferson Airplane, Inc.
Subsonica is an Italian electronic/rock band. The group was formed in 1996 in Turin, Italy. Their eponymous debut album debuted at the end of 1996. The band gained real success in 2000 by playing the Sanremo Music Festival. The first two singles off of the album Microchip Emozionale, Tutti I Miei Sbagli and Discoteca Labirinto were hits. Their latest album, Eden was released in 2011. Subsonica are: Boosta (Davide Di Leo) keyboards, Bass Vicio (Luca Vicini) bass, Samuel (Umberto Romano) vocals, C-Max (Massimiliano Casacci) guitar, Ninja (Enrico Matta) drums.
In 2007 Daniel Merriweather put his amazing, distinctive, soulful voice to Mark Ronson's 'Stop Me' (cover of The Smith's track), and more recently he co-wrote and featured on Wiley's follow up to 'Wearing My Rolex' - 'Cash In My Pocket'. Born and bred in Melbourne, Australia, 26-year-old Daniel moved to New York a few years back to pursue his dream in music after meeting Mark Ronson in 2001. This was the start of a unique working partnership and great friendship.
There are three artists with this name: 1. Abel is five-piece acoustic / pop band from Breda, The Netherlands.
2. Abel is also a four-piece indie rock band from Poughkeepsie, NY.
3. Abel is also the name of a Spanish jazz / funk band from San Francisco, CA.
1. Abel is a Dutch acoustic / pop band from the city of Breda. The band was formed in 1996 as a cover band called The Acting Crowd. After many line-up changes, the band now has 5 members: - Joris Rasenberg (Vocals)
Eight artists go by the name Wax:
1. An American creative/experimental Hip Hop/Rap/Acoustic artist.
2. A pop group active in between 1985 and 1988 consisting of American singer-songwriter Andrew Gold and British singer Graham Gouldman of 10cc fame.
3. An American Pop Punk band known for the 1995 song California
4. A female South Korean singer active in the 2000s (see: 왁스)
5. An alias of Dutch dance producer Robert Meijer
6. A short lived Swedish punk band active in the early 1980s
7. A Japanese rapper from the group SD JUNKSTA