Joshua Bell is an internationally-acclaimed American violinist known for the versatility of his musical understanding as well as his technical skill. He has performed with many of the world's leading orchestras under such conductors as Charles Dutoit. A master of the classical repertoire, Bell has expanded his career to contemporary music and genres such as folk and jazz. He has won Grammy Awards and an Academy Award for his work with John Corgliano on The Red Violin.
1) Massive is the new full on trance psychedelic solo project of Davina Elmosnino (also the woman behind the projects Sirius Isnes and Davina). Davina, 29 years old, was born in France but grew up in New Caledonia, a French island between Australia and New Zealand. She started to make music in the year 2000, and released her first track as Sirius Isness in 2003. Since then she made 3 Sirius Isness albums with Max Peterson, released on important labels such as Mind Control Records, Phantasm Records and Moon Spirits, and an impressive number of tracks for compilations all over the world.
(For the Japanese jazz-punk fusion band formed in Osaka, see ミドリ.) There is more than one artist under this name: 1. Midori Goto (五嶋みどり, Gotou Midori, born on October 25, 1971 in Osaka, Japan) is a Japanese violinist.
She is known in music circles as one of the most brilliant and exciting violinists of our time.
Usually referred to simply as Midori (she dropped the surname in response to the dissolution of her parents' marriage), she was first taught the violin by her mother, Setsu Goto, who discovered her daughter's innate musicality at the age of two...
Mango is a name that has been used more than once: (1) An Israeli pop - girl band.
(2) A popular Italian singer.
(3) A pop band from Lithuania.
(4) A alternative punk / ska band from Rīga, Latvia.
(5) A progressive house producer and DJ from Moscow, Russia. Mango (1):
A Israeli pop girl band, that worked between between the years 1988-1991, originated from the Israeli Defense Forces - Northern Command Band.
The Detroit Grand Pubahs are Dr. Toefinger (Andy Toth) and Paris the Black Fu (Mack Goudy, Jr.). Both are from detroit, Michigan, United States. They combine electro, hip hop, and booty-bass with a good dose of humour to create a unique sound. Both of the Pubahs started in music at an early age, with Andy starting to play drums in various local bands at 16. Vocalist Mack began Djing at a similar age having been influenced by Jeff Mills’ legendary radio mix shows.
Sex Gang Children is an early gothic rock group that formed in the early 1980s in Britain. They were a very dramatic band, relying on heavy bass, tribal drumming, sudden mood shifts, a woozy cabaret ready sound that influenced the rise of the later dark cabaret scene, and yet another in a long line of goth singers with an odd, highly dramatic voice. Although the group only released one official album, their singles and various other tracks have been packaged into numerous collections, and they remain one of the better known bands out of the early goth scene.
www.facebook.com/schillermusic / www.schillermusic.com Schiller is one of Germany's leading electronic artists. The multi-Gold and Platinum-awarded project has been created by electronic musician, producer and composer Christopher von Deylen in the tradition of teutonic sound-pioneers. Over the last years the Echo-Award winner and Grammy-Nominee performed more than 100 sold-out concerts - highly acclaimed by the audience and media.