Neophyte is an influential and well-known hardcore, or gabber, group formed in 1992 in Rotterdam, Netherlands. The four original members, Jeroen Streunding (DJ Neophyte), Danny Greten, Jarno Butter and Robin van Roon, were signed to DJ Paul Elstak's Rotterdam Records. Robin later left Neophyte. Neophyte recently released a compilation album dedicated to their 13 years of existence titled '13 Jaar Terreur' In April 2006 they released a new album, called 'Rech Toe Rech Taan'.
Qualkommando - speedcore/terror/darkcore duo: Thomas Matulla (Bruchkopf) & Matthias Lippert (Terror Junkie). Qualkommando have been making music since 1997 and released a lot of records on many labels like Kopfkrank Records, USN, Brain Distortion, Terror Noize Industry, Brain Destruction Recordz, CSR, MASCHA Records, Outlaw Records, Rotterdam Records, Special Forces, Doomsday Records and more. In further times dedicated to Speedcore, Qualkommando produces rather Terror and Darkcore than Speedcore nowadays.
Art of Fighters started out in Brescia (Italy) in 1997, from the idea of 3 guys: Cristian Nardelli, Matteo Pitossi and Luca Lorini. Thanks to FastTracker, 3 years of try-outs, tons of rejected tracks and the big help of the Stunned Guys, the first record The Beat Can't Change came to life in the year 2000. In 2001 their second E.P. Artwork appeared in the stores, definately putting them on the map of hardcore. Their tracks appeared on many compilations and their fame began to expand.
Although Evil Activities nowadays 'officially' consists only of Kelly van Soest (after Telly Luyks left the group in 2003) Two new members have joined this project:
- Michael Kramer (alias DJ Dazzler) -> MC
- Niels van Hoeckel (alias Chaosphere) -> Keyboard
However, they are only part of the live-act crew (during performance on stage). In the studio, Evil Activities is only Kelly van Soest.
Kelly is also better known as Max Enforcer in the hardstyle scene.
(1) Pioneers of US black metal, Masochist operated between 1992 and 1995 and released four demos and one EP of unforgiving, brutal black metal noise. Band members were also involved in fellow hellish noisemakers Summon and Wind Of The Black Mountains. (2) Dov J. Elkabas aka 'The Prophet' was born on 5 November 1968. He started deejaying in 1983. He first discovered turntables when he visited a roller disco (Het Nijlpaardenhuis) in Amsterdam.
Tha Playah, born as Jim Hermsen in 1982, has developed his own particular style from the very beginning. Few artists had a start that can be compared to the storm this man unleashed in 2002. With enormous hits on the very popular Neophyte label he has proven himself record after record. Being one of the few artists ever to be contracted from the very start of his career to a label as prestigious as Neophyte Records, this dj made it very clear he deserved that chance.
There are at least fsixteen bands called C4:
1. a Hardcore band from Bulgaria
2. A rapper from Texas, United States
3. An electronica artist from Ohio, United States
4. A side project of Michael Angelo Batio, a musician from Illinois, United States
5. A DJ from China
6. A hip-hop duo from Florida, United States
7. A rock band from Japan
8. an experimental artist from Belgium
9. A rock band from the United States
10. A reggaeton band from Chile
11. A DJ from Hungary
1. Merk has been producing her own style of experimental hardcore/speedcore since 2001. Back then, she worked on the Apocalypse Recordings label with DJ Tense, Nevermind and The Tyrant and became part of the Renegade Virus Soundsystem, collaborating on events and outlaws throughout New York City and beyond. Since, Merk has been performing her live set throughout the US and internationally while maintaining a presence in the close knit NYC underground scene
There is more than one Radium on last.fm: 1. Hardcore fan since 1992. In 1993 Daniel Tecoult started producing extreme electronic music with a friend from school. In 1994 they decide to give their project a name and Micropoint is born. Also Daniel starts a solo-DJ career as Radium. The first Micropoint vinyls are released on B.E.A.S.T. Records and Epiteth Records in 1995. 1996, Radium starts Audiogenic and his first own label called Psychik Genocide and with 2 other producers from Paris, Micropoint starts Dead End Records.
goreshit is a one-man electronic music project from United Kingdom started in 2006. goreshit was primarily a lolicore artist (mostly breakcore and speedcore influenced), but later his style expanded to other genres such as idm, dark hardcore and dancecore. His tracks have appeared on several compilations and he has put out a number of full length albums and splits for free (mostly self-released but occasionally on netlabels such as Dance Corps.