William Smith and Steve Kennedy and Smith had been playing together with Eric Mercury and Diane Brooks in a Toronto band called the Soul Searchers that Mercury and Brooks fronted as lead vocalists. After the Soul Searchers broke up, first Kennedy and then Smith joined a group called Grant Smith And The Power which also featured David Clayton Thomas. They formed Motherlode in 1969 and relocated to Ontario where they struggled and stayed with friends. They finally got a break following their debut at the Image Club when Mort Ross signed them to Revolver Records that same year.
Kathryn Calder is one of those artists who belies her age. She began her professional music career as a teenager, and by the time that most people are just stepping into their first independent record store, she had recorded 2 EPS and 4 CDs with the Victoria based Immaculate Machine, and toured the world and recorded three albums as the newest member of The New Pornographers. She has experienced the whole spectrum of what a musician’s life can be...
About The Dunes There are few words to describe the alternative rock sounds of The Dunes from Norfolk, Va. This bad ass 4 piece band is dedicated to upholding the rock n roll traditions of rebellion, outspokenness, and musical power. The Dunes pay homage to the legends of rock with a foundation of mean beats and original riffs. They rock the stage with an explosion that blasts every ones ears when the sound of their extraordinary music comes from the speakers, expressing their feelings and thoughts through the words and rythms of their music.
There are multiple artists with this name:
1. An American rock band
2. An American rapper
3. A Macedonian nu metal/hardcore band
4. A Canadian hip hop group
5. A Chinese oi! band
6. An alias of Belgian techno producer Jeroen Verheij
7. A hardcore band
8. An American alternative rock band
9. An Australian rock band
10. An American southern punkrock band.
11. Point Blank (Actually Point.Blank) is a Belgian Dubstep duo formed by 'Vyron' and 'Matar'
12. An Århus-based danish rap group
13. Melodic punk-rock band from South Central, New Jersey
CLECKHUDDERSFAX are a London based D.I.Y Rock band Formed in 2004. They draw influences from the weirdest corners of Punk, Prog, Synthy Pop and Disco to create a unique sound which mixes up experiment and fun in equal measures. FIRST ALBUM AVAILABLE FROM THEIR WEBSITE:
http://www.cleckhuddersfax.co.uk/ They have recorded a self-released EP and an LP for Chinchilla Tone Records. Recently they have also contributed tracks to a new Alt Delete Records Compilation...
For the Hungarian rock band, change your tags to Generál There are at least 3 artists named "General" on the music scene: 1) Streetpunk / Oi band from Novi Sad, Serbia. 2) Indie rock / Alternative band from Glasgow, Scotland. 3) Hip hop artist from Scarborough, Ontario, Canada.
Devin Garrett Townsend (born May 5, 1972 in New Westminster, Canada) is an influential canadian multi-instrumentalist musician, vocalist and record producer, drawing on progressive metal with influences from jazz, blues, progressive rock, industrial, pop, ambient and classical music. He is the founding member of the extreme metal outfit Strapping Young Lad, and has released a multitude of his own albums under the monikers Ocean Machine, Devin Townsend, The Devin Townsend Band, and now Devin Townsend Project.
1) Karamel, sometimes stylized as KaraMel, was a bubblegum-pop duo from Toronto, Ontario, Canada that formed in 2008. KaraMel was made up of Kara Lane and Cassie Steele. The band originally appeared on the show disBAND, where the lineup was Kara and the original "Mel," Julie. Sarah Scherb later replaced the original "Mel" of the group. Due to Sarah wanting to go back to school, Cassie took Sarah's spot. Cassie left the band in March 2011, while Kara started a new project, titled The Boom Boom, officially putting an end to the Karamel project.
Old Man Luedecke (Chris Luedecke) is a singer and banjo player living near Halifax, Nova Scotia. Old Man Luedecke left the big old city of Toronto, met a girl in the Yukon, fell in love, bought a banjo and fell in love again. After a couple of years of love and banjo and the makings of a brilliant performing career in sunny Halifax, he returned to the Yukon with his sweethearts. There he woodshedded. He wrote a ton of songs over the next year and a half.