There are 7 Artists named Anthem #1. Anthem is a legendary Japanese heavy metal band founded in Tokyo during 1981 as a quartet of singer Toshihito Maeda, guitarist Akifumi Koyanagi, bass player 柴田直人 (Naoto Shibata) ("Ski") and drummer Takamasa Ohuchi. Koyanagi left in late 1983 to be replaced by Hiroya Fukada. In December 1984 vocalist Toshihito Maeda also left and Anthem drafted 坂本英三 (Eizo Sakamoto) for their debut eponymous album issued in July 1985 by Nexus and licensed to Europe via Roadrunner Records.
(1) King James is a metal/rock supergroup formed in 1993 by guitarist Rex Carroll (formerly of Whitecross). He joined former Sacred Fire frontman, Jimi Bennett to form the band. Some time later, they recruited Tim Gaines and Robert Sweet, of Stryper, and released their first album in 1994. The band supported the album with a tour, but Gaines and Sweet departed shortly after. Carroll and Bennett remained together and released a second album (The Fall) by 1997. Supposedly, they have plans to release another album anytime soon.
There are multiple artists with this name: 1) Warrior is a heavy metal band based in Southern California. Formed in 1982 by San Diego, CA natives Parramore McCarthy (vocals) and the guitar duo of Joe Floyd and Tommy Asakawa, the band quickly made inroads on the L.A. scene when local radio station KMET started to play a demo of the band's soon-to-be signature song, Fighting For The Earth This led to a contract with MCA Records in America and Virgin subsidiary, 10 Records, in Europe.
There is more than one artist with this name: 1) Petra is a Christian Rock band formed in 1972 by Bob Hartman, Bill Glover, John DeGroff, and Greg Hough. "Petra" means "rock" in NT Greek, making the band name a triple pun. Rising from the jesus music movement, and initially signed to Myrrh Records, they fought to gain acceptance and recognition in a church culture that at the time believed rock music to be off-limits.
There is more than one artist with this name: 1) A gangsta rap group created by rapper Yukmouth of The Luniz in 1997 and originally included fellow rappers Tech N9ne, Phats Bossi, Madmax, Poppa LQ, and Govnormatic. Not long after the original formation, rappers Gonzoe of rap group Kausion and Lil' Ke also joined. The group was named as a result of old Hitler movies viewed by Yukmouth in which Hitler's army was referred to as "The Regime" or "The Hitler Regime". The logo for the group is a silhouette of a dragon inspired by Yukmouth's love of dragons and old Bruce Lee movies.
There are at least two bands called "Blindside".
1. Band from Stockholm, Sweden.
2. 90s Straight Edge Hardcore band from Pennsylvania, USA. Members went on to form Stillwater and Atari.
3. Band from Australia (1992 - 1995) that appeared on the Summershine label. 1. Blindside is a post-hardcore/alternative rock band from Stockholm. They formed in 1994 as "underFree" and kept that name for two years before releasing their debut EP in 1996.
1. Winter Solstice (American Metalcore Band)
2. Winter Solstice (Australian Folk Band) 1. Winter Solstice was a Christian metalcore band from Lynchburg, Virginia. They were signed to Metal Blade Records and have disbanded, as of July 2006. Some of the former members have come together with members of Everything Falls Together and formed a new band, Ghost Of A Fallen Age. The lead singer is now in the band We Were Gentlemen
There are at least eight artists with the name Matrix: 1. Matrix is the pseudonym of London based drum and bass producer and DJ Jamie Quinn. Quinn started his musical career as one half of drum and bass duo Turbosound, who signed to DJ SS's F Project Records label, an offshoot of Formation Records. Their name was changed for them to "International Rudeboys", which while it perhaps didn't suit them as well as they would have liked, nonetheless this brought further success on Formation Records proper.
Edenbridge is a symphonic metal band from Austria which was founded as a studio-project by guitarist/keyboardist Lanvall, bassist Kurt Bednarsky, and vocalist Sabine Edelsbacher in 1998. With the addition of drummer Roland Navratil the line-up was completed for the production of their debut album Sunrise in Eden. Current members are Sabine Edelsbacher (vocals), Lanvall (guitars, keyboards), Frank Bindig (bass), Dominik Sebastian (guitars), and Max Pointner (drums).