Mourning Beloveth, an Irish death/doom metal band that creates long and slow songs with various vocal arrangements, began in winter 1992 but it wasn't until 1996 that they recorded their first, untitled, demo with Darren (vocals), Frank (guitar), Brian (bass), Tim (drums). Recorded in eight hours with Adrian Butler at the desk this demo contains two songs and is a raw indication of where Mourning Beloveth stands in the doom death scene today.
There is more than one artist with this name: 1. Sol is a Seattle, Washington based hip-hop artist. His signature sound maintains a marriage between the core values of hip-hop and the mainstream sensibility of pop(ular) music. Sol says that he grew up on a combination of 90
1) Endless from Czech Republic: Modern crossover-metal band from Ostrava with gothic and doom influences from their past. The band ENDLESS was founded in Ostrava, the Czech Republic, in 1994. Since that time ENDLESS released these four records: „Perihelion“ (1999), „Vital No.1“ (2001), „Perfect Message“ (2003), „Refuse to shine" (2008). This band has played plenty of gigs among others with such big names as Anathema, The Gathering, Opeth, The Haunted, Cradle Of Filth etc.
Samothrace initially came together out of friendship made through involvement in DIY Punk/Hardcore/Metal community. Although currently based in Seattle, Washington, their hometowns span from New Mexico, Kansas and Oklahoma. Their lyrics, albeit poetic, are rooted in the ideals of social change, political incoherence, and a bleak but positive outlook on life... intended for those who've taken back their breath and risen on their own and those who wish to do so. Samothrace is an evolving beast. Keep it heavy... keep it underground. Heavy music for heavy times.
Seventh Angel is a thrash/doom metal band from Netherton, UK, that formed in 1987. Their first two releases, The Torment (1990), and Lament for the Weary (1991) were distributed through the label "Music for Nations" making them label mates with bands such as Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer, and were considered by many at the time to be one best metal acts in the United Kingdom. They were one of the few bands to combine elements of doom and thrash metal.
There are many bands with the name Anguish. These include: 1. A Swedish doom metal band influenced by Candlemass. Released their debut album Through the Archdemon's Head on Dark Descent Records in early 2012. http://www.myspace.com/anguishdoommetal 2. A 5-piece deathcore band from the North-West coast of Tasmania formed in 2009 influenced by the likes of The Red Shore, Whitechapel and Thy Art Is Murder. After releasing numerous demos Anguish have just released their debut EP Absolutist. http://www.facebook.com/Anguishtas
* New album out now: 'The clouds are burning' * Available at: http://www.van-records.de/products/de/Vn-Releases/Faal-The-Clouds-Are-Burning-12-LP.html?XTCsid=f32hlot6m0e2ks5si085hletm1 Faal was founded in 2005 by Alex (guitar), Pascal (guitar) and Ward (drums). After a long period of searching for the right bandmembers, eventually the band has formed a steady line-up with Yara (synths), Harrie (bass) and William (vocals) in 2010.
There are several artists under the name of Burden:
1) A thrash metal band from Finland
2) A sludge metal band from Germany
3) A Canadian band playing hardcore
4) An American crossover band
5) An experimental drone/dark ambient artist
1) Burden is a finnish thrash metal metal band. It was founded in autumn 2008. Sami (bass guitar/vocals) and Henkka (rhythm guitar) phoned Matias (drums) so they could form a band. Later Henkka asked Otto (lead guitar) to join the band, and he did. After they had composed some songs of their own, they practiced hard and went to the studio.
There is more than one artist with this name. 1) Mexican independent band, dark sounds, deep lyrics, great voice. 2) Ansia project was born in Italy due to the will of finding new sounds into the doom scene. The lineup started with Ruben (drums), Steven (guitars) and Ethere (vocals, bass, synth). In the spring of 2006 they begun working in their music, and after a few months the songs I, II, and III were finished, then mixed by Alessio Fagrelli (ex-session keyboards for Deinonychus), who also plays piano on the song I.
The roots of Officium Triste go back to the early nineties when Martin and Johan decided to form a metal-band. The name of this band was Reïncremated. The last line-up of this band decided to quit and reform under a new moniker with a different musical approach; that was in the spring of 1994. The new moniker became Officium Triste and musically they started to compose heavy and melodic doom metal. The start of Officium Triste went pretty smooth and new songs were composed quite fast. This resulted in the decision to record a demo.