Dominik Eulberg, born in 1978 in Westerwald, Germany is an electronic music artist and DJ who has released numerous singles as well as full-length albums on labels such as cocoon recordings and Traum Schallplatten. He occasionally works as park ranger in German National parks, an occupation he plans to pursue full time in the near future after retiring from music. Dominik's fascination for electronic music began at a very young age.
About Dordeduh To start understanding the essence of the band is to first delineate the two Romanian words that its name is composed of: “dor” and “duh”. Having a deep, unique meaning in Romanian, “dor” is thought to be untranslatable in any other language using only one word, its sense being of “longing/yearning for something”, “missing something”. It can be something palpable, well-known and familiar (a place, a person, a taste) but it can also be a nostalgic feeling brought up by something vaguely known, dwelling in an old chamber of one’s soul.
There have been multiple artsts with this name: 1) A solo project from Saint Petersburg, Russia
2) A new-wave pop band from Jūrmala, Latvia, existing around the very early 1990s
1) Parks is solo project of composer and musician from Saint Petersburg, Russia Igor Bystrov. Igor was born at Krasnodar, Russia in 1964. He learned in musical school, then in Sochi Musical College and Rostov Conservatory on Estrada class. At the moment Igor is living at Saint Petersburg.
UK diy group from the late 70s
Glasgow based project SOMBRE is about creating a sound that paints a picture of what modern life has become, and how people live and communicate with one another. It is an audio and visual experiment that brings together the music of SOMBRE and the motion art skills of the ÜBERNOISE collective to create a powerful vision of our surroundings. Sombre are:
Conor Dalton, Christine Dores - Audio
Christoph Roman Landes - Video
Johannes Russ - Multimedia
Ross Gardiner - Text & Concept Additional Musicians on "mother", "crone" and "maiden":
- a Finnish band that plays "old school" gothic rock. So far they have released at least one EP, two singles and one full album titled 'The Sleeper Awakes'. http://www.myspace.com/dreamtimerock
- a Finnish spacesynth project of Lauri Turjansalo. His debut album "Farout" was released in 2009 by Space Sound Records.
- an ambient-didgeridoo project
- A Brisbane-based psych-rock three-piece that released a self-titled EP in 2010.
Wardruna is a Norwegian musical constellation set out to explore and evoke the depths of heathen Germanic wisdom and spirituality. Musically Wardruna has its main focus on the cultic musical language found in the near-forgotten arts of galdr, seidr and the daily acts of the cultic life, mixed with impulses from Scandinavian and Nordic folk music. They formed in 2003 in Bergen, Norway. The album entitled ‘Gap var Ginnunga’ is the first in a planned trilogy that will interpret the runes of the Elder Futhark.
Orcas is a band by haze-pop auteur Benoît Pioulard and post-minimalist composer Rafael Anton Irisarri (also known as The Sight Below). Theirs is a style deeply rooted in personal variations on songform and ambient craft, and as a duo they bridge the furthest outlying aspects of their previous solo work published on Kranky, Touch, Miasmah, Room40, and Ghostly International. Version II The courtship of ambient music and traditional songform has been a long and tenuous one, almost to
the point that their differences seem irreconcilable. Spanning decades with only a few points of obscure
Luca Nasciuti is a London based composer trained in electroacoustic composition, classical music, visual and performing arts. His work spans from installation, to video and performance art, focusing on the legacy between acoustic and electroacoustic sound, and the interplay of sonic and visual practices within site-specific contexts.