Spaced Out is an instrumental progressive jazz/fusion band heiling from Canada that plays music on its own terms and rules. Their music is disciplined, but gives each musician the freedom to improvise and express himself freely. The group ignores pop music clich
About Dordeduh To start understanding the essence of the band is to first delineate the two Romanian words that its name is composed of: “dor” and “duh”. Having a deep, unique meaning in Romanian, “dor” is thought to be untranslatable in any other language using only one word, its sense being of “longing/yearning for something”, “missing something”. It can be something palpable, well-known and familiar (a place, a person, a taste) but it can also be a nostalgic feeling brought up by something vaguely known, dwelling in an old chamber of one’s soul.
- a Finnish band that plays "old school" gothic rock. So far they have released at least one EP, two singles and one full album titled 'The Sleeper Awakes'. http://www.myspace.com/dreamtimerock
- a Finnish spacesynth project of Lauri Turjansalo. His debut album "Farout" was released in 2009 by Space Sound Records.
- an ambient-didgeridoo project
- A Brisbane-based psych-rock three-piece that released a self-titled EP in 2010.
Glasgow based project SOMBRE is about creating a sound that paints a picture of what modern life has become, and how people live and communicate with one another. It is an audio and visual experiment that brings together the music of SOMBRE and the motion art skills of the ÜBERNOISE collective to create a powerful vision of our surroundings. Sombre are:
Conor Dalton, Christine Dores - Audio
Christoph Roman Landes - Video
Johannes Russ - Multimedia
Ross Gardiner - Text & Concept Additional Musicians on "mother", "crone" and "maiden":
There have been multiple artsts with this name: 1) A solo project from Saint Petersburg, Russia
2) A new-wave pop band from Jūrmala, Latvia, existing around the very early 1990s
1) Parks is solo project of composer and musician from Saint Petersburg, Russia Igor Bystrov. Igor was born at Krasnodar, Russia in 1964. He learned in musical school, then in Sochi Musical College and Rostov Conservatory on Estrada class. At the moment Igor is living at Saint Petersburg.
Wardruna is a Norwegian musical constellation set out to explore and evoke the depths of heathen Germanic wisdom and spirituality. Musically Wardruna has its main focus on the cultic musical language found in the near-forgotten arts of galdr, seidr and the daily acts of the cultic life, mixed with impulses from Scandinavian and Nordic folk music. They formed in 2003 in Bergen, Norway. The album entitled ‘Gap var Ginnunga’ is the first in a planned trilogy that will interpret the runes of the Elder Futhark.
Orcas is a band by haze-pop auteur Benoît Pioulard and post-minimalist composer Rafael Anton Irisarri (also known as The Sight Below). Theirs is a style deeply rooted in personal variations on songform and ambient craft, and as a duo they bridge the furthest outlying aspects of their previous solo work published on Kranky, Touch, Miasmah, Room40, and Ghostly International. Version II The courtship of ambient music and traditional songform has been a long and tenuous one, almost to
the point that their differences seem irreconcilable. Spanning decades with only a few points of obscure
Moonsorrow is a pagan metal band formed in Helsinki, Finland, in 1995. Musically, the band incorporates elements of black metal and folk metal in their sound. The band call their sound "epic heathen metal" and try to distance themselves from the term "viking metal". The group's earliest formation consisted of cousins Ville Sorvali (vocals and bass) and Henri Sorvali (guitar and keyboards; also keyboards for Finntroll, Barathrum, and session member of Ensiferum) who released various demos that were much more characteristic of melodic black metal than future releases.
The 'third member' of Cabaret Voltaire and early The Hafler Trio. As well as working on his own aural experiments, Chris Watson now works as a well-respected sound recordist, developing some innovative techniques for Natural History radio and TV, most recently (2006) for the BBC's Galapagos series. Solo albums:
* Stepping into the Dark (1996, Touch Music)
* Outside the Circle of Fire (1998, Touch Music)
* Weather Report (2003, Touch Music)
* Oceanus Pacificus (2007, Touch Music)
* Cima Verde (2008, LOL, Sound Threshold)