In 1986 a group of friends who used to get together to play music, became LOS PERICOS, the first reggae rock band in Argentina. Their first record, “LOS PERICOS” released in 1988 was the best selling album of the year, obtaining Triple Platinum Award for its 180 thousand units sold. One year later, they recorded KING KONG, produced by Herbert Vianna (Os Paralamas do Sucesso). Immediately after, they launched Maxi ANFITREU, a vinyl disc that impacted because of its unique style.
His different faces and a number of alter egos speak for themselves when trying to describe Javier Dokser, and his many ways of understanding music. Eclectic is the manner in which he takes us to unthinkable places that can only be reached through experimenting. That is why Dokser does not fit into one traditional style, nor can he be placed into one specific category. To get to know Dokser, we can only wait for him to surprise us with one of his next mixes, productions or live acts.
Violoncello “Her presence on stage is powerfully intoxicating; with her instrument she seems to be deeply bonded.” Neue Zürcher Zeitung, January 2004 Born of Russian-French parents in Cordoba, Argentina in 1981 the charismatic cellist Sol Gabetta is forging an impressive career; she has a recording contract with Sony, is the Director of her own festival, and has invitations all over the world, following on from winning some major awards.
Axel Krygier is a musician and composer from Buenos Aires (Argentina). His music does not bear any simple definition, it is rather a fusion between the characteristic sounds of South America (cumbia, tango), European folk melodies (Klezmer, Balcan) with groove, dub, psychedelia, twist and countless styles, as Axel Krygier's sounds are a constant surprise.
His discography as a solist consists of four albums ("¡Échale semilla!", "Secreto y Malibú", "Zorzal" and "Pesebre"), however he has been long known as a versatile instrumentalist in Buenos Aires and Europe...
There are 4 artists which go by the name of Pez: 1) a hard, experimental Rock trio from Argentina
2) an Australian Emcee from Melbourne
3) an emcee based in Plymouth, UK
4) a producer from Holland*.
5) an electro-popartist from Holland 1) Pez was formed in December 1993 by Ariel Minimal on Guitar and Voice, together with the Barbieri brothers (Poli on drums and Alez on bass). The project is a hard, experimental Rock trio that started to play on the Buenos Aires circuit in 1994.
Los Fabulosos Cadillacs are a latin-rock band from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Formed in 1985, they released their first album, Bares y Fondas (Bars and Boardinghouses) in 1986. Since then they have released fourteen more albums. The band's sound is a mix of rock, ska, jazz, salsa, folk, rap and big band. The lineup has changed throughout the years, but the core members have always been the co-founders: singer Gabriel Fernandez Capello (known as Vicentico) and bassist Flavio Cianciaurlo (known as Sr. Flavio). Vicentico and Sr. Flavio have done the majority of the songwriting and lyrics as well.
There are few artists and bands named Dante. 1) Dante Kinnunen, drummer of The Concretes and a solo artist
2) Progressive metal band from Germany
3) Alt-folk band from Edinburgh, Scotland
4) Argentinian hip-hop artist
1) Dante (Kinnunen) is a Swedish drummer turned singer/producer and is described as a Phil Collins and The Weekend. In 2012 he released a new single "Burning" with Adrian Lux. http://soundcloud.com/dantekinnunen/