There are at least 4 different artists called Parasite:
1. A Swedish Hard Rock band. They released only one album in 1985.
2. A Raggacore/Breakcore artist from Bristol. http://www.parasite.org.uk & http://myspace.com/parasitexxxx
3. A Danish Metal band from the suburbs of Aarhus. http://myspace.com/parasitemetal
4. A UK based Indie/Electro band, formed in 1998, who have been releasing material on their own label, Parasite Stuff, since 2007. http://myspace.com/parasiteofficial
Consist of Flinty Badman (Trevor Destouche) and Deman Rocker (David Destouche). Both were respected MC's starting of in a North London sound system called UNITY And formed the Ragga twins in early 1990
1. Conquering Lion aka Congo Natty aka Rebel MC is the stage name of Jungle producer and Toaster Michael West. "Conquering Lion" is short for "the Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah," one of emperor's Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia many titles. 2. Conquering Lion (http://www.myspace.com/conqueringli0n) is also a dub/reggae/hardcore band from Tetovo, Macedonia. This is the official last.fm page of this band: http://www.last.fm/music/Conquering+Lion+%28Mk%29
Tenor Fly started DJ-ing on Sir Coxsone Sound with Daddy Fathead General Dan Bikey. Touring all over England seven days a week. Tenor Fly Built up a reputation in dancehall as Coxsone was one of the biggest sounds in England. He recorded his first record called “Ruff Neck Fashion” which was released on the Side B of a Flourgon record. The tune reached No1 in the Reggae charts and Tenor Fly’s Ruff Neck Fashion was smashing dancehalls up and down the country.
J Bostron - DJ Producer
www.myspace.com/djbostron | www.myspace.com/audiobulletrec | www.junglex.ca | www.myspace.com/humfidrum | http://onedrop.moonfruit.com
AIM = JBostronuk Drum & Bass, Ragga, Jungle, Jump up, Dubwise, Dubstep, Turntable music High energy levels and brilliantly selected reggae samples. A son of the emerald isle now taking residence in the city of Glasgow, Scotland. Representing a sound of jungle orientated Drum and Bass of dubwise raggae influence.
The 80's popster turned proto-jungle revolutionary was born Michael West in 1965 in London. He formed Double Trouble in the early '80s with Michael Menson and Leigh Guest, releasing the ska-pop hit "Street Tuff". Rebel MC later gained fame in England as a pop-rapper, but by 1991 he had released Black Meaning Good, an album that presaged jungle with hardcore techno married to dub basslines and ragga toasters such as Barrington Levy and P.P. Arnold.
Major Look is Crystal Clear and Stapleton....... Crystal Clear & Stapleton's paths first crossed when they had the same Saturday job when they were 15. Both followed their own paths in dnb, Crystal Clear following the more upfront sound and Stapleton following the deeper/techier side. A few years later and they got booked for a gig together in Southampton a and swapped contacts. Crystal Clear wrote a stripped down tune that would sound good with a vocal on it & called Stapleton to see if he fancied laying down something on it.
The '80s popster turned proto-jungle revolutionary was born Michael West in 1965 in London. He formed "Double Trouble" in the early '80s with Michael Menson and Leigh Guest, releasing the ska-pop hits like "Street Tuff" and "Just Keep Rocking". By 1991 he had released "Black Meaning Good", an album that presented the "hardcore" breakbeat style fashionable at the time married to dub basslines with reggae luminaries such as Barrington Levy, Dennis Brown, Supercat & Tenor Fly as well as himself chanting over the top.