In Early 2007 A group of high school friends (Alex Hofmann, Scott Carstairs, Tommy Logan, Dan Wissinger and Suliman Arghandiwal) from the east bay first started jamming and writing music. The initial product being both misguided and adolescent, the band played its first show on June 15th 2007 In walnut creek. The First 4 song Demo (which is and forever will be out of print) was released in late June 2007.
There are five bands using this name: 1) A thrash metal/symphonic black metal one man band from Malta. Sauron composes all of the music for Apotheosis. Although the band was formed in autumn of 1993, it wasn't until 2002 that Sauron released a full length, the four track epic Farthest From The Sun. 2) A two piece doom band from Toledo, Ohio. Their first album, 'Husk', was self-released in 2011 and they are currently (9/12) completing their second release, 'Bane'.
1) Sadist is an Italian metal band.
2) Sadist is a Japanese doujin music producer who is affiliated with the Strawhat label. The beginning of SADIST takes us back to 1991, when guitarist and keyboards player Tommy and drummer Peso start auditioning musicians for a brand new project. These auditions lead to the first band
1) Calvary was a band from Chicago, IL. Formed by Matt Weeks (Current, Ottawa, .Nema) joined by his friends Dave Song and Jeff Rice (Ottawa, .NEMA) after the demise of their previous band Dearborn S.S. in late summer of 2000, Calvary grew to be one of the most recognized bands on Weeks's own council records' roster. Matt Ryan (ex-Human Cock) joined the band on second guitar. Calvary recorded a demo with that setup and released it on april, 20th of 2001. The remainder of the year was spent playing local venues and writing material for an upcoming full-length.
Necrophagia is an american death metal band assembled in Wellsville, Ohio in 1983. They were one of the first death metal bands and were a popular group in the underground "tape trading" scene of the early-to-mid-1980s. Featuring hard-driving metal and growling vocals, Necrophagia became a pioneer in the fledgling extreme metal genre. Their first full-length album, Season of the Dead, was recorded and released in 1987.
The year is 2013...
The Old Continent is on the brink of total collapse. After two pyrrhic victories the Fifth French Republic groans under the yoke of Berlin at long last, making once proud France the 17th state of Germany. To secure some hope for a sixth French Republic, the French music label Season of Mist has shown remarkable vigour and artistic courage to forge an alliance with the only triple-A rated band in Europe: The Monolith Deathcult (TMDC).
There are two bands with the name After Death: The first After Death have been together since 1999 with many different lineups. Mike Browning (ex Morbid Angel, Nocturnus and Acheron) vocalist and drummer is the Axle of The Wheel of After Death. The idea behind this entity is to convey my Occult learnings to the public via my Musick, and like life, After Death is an open book always changing page to page.
There is more than one artist with this name: 1. A technical/experimental death metal band from Australia.
2. An atmospheric neo-prog/metal band created by members of Cynic, from Miami, USA.
3. An independent progressive rock band from Edmonton, Canada.
4. A dreampop/electronic/ambient band based in Staffordshire, UK.
5. A hardcore breaks/nu rave act from London, UK.
6. An electronic/ambient artist from California, USA.
7. An Egyptian/British rock band based in Cairo, Egypt.
8. Mistag of the soundtrack to the video-game from Valve Corporation. See below
Hailing from Athens, Attica, Greece, Septic Flesh was founded in 1990. Their sound was a Hellenic brand of death metal mixed with doom metal and gothic metal elements. The band has often been compared to other bands of a similar style, like Paradise Lost, Anathema, My Dying Bride or Nightfall. In 2003 the band disbanded but reunited as Septicflesh in 2007 with a different line-up. Since reuniting, they play a mix of death metal and neo-classical. This combination is often described as atmospheric death metal or symphonic death metal.
Based in Sydney, Australia, Beyond Terror Beyond Grace combine death metal, black metal, post-rock, ambient and progressive elements to create a unique form of aural extremity. After playing more than 55 shows over 15 countries in the last year across Australia, Europe, the United Kingdom and the United States with some of the biggest names in extreme metal, the band is now is set to release its brand new album – Nadir.