Fiction and the Fear formed at the start of 2009 when two years of pent-up creativity finally gave way and pulled the ex-band mates (Ten Seconds of Chaos) back together. A fresh approach and attitude to the craft has resulted in the employment of sampled drums, synths, strings and walls of vocal harmony to accompany the solid drum, bass and guitar base. Expect anything from reflective electronic ballads to limb-flailing riffs from Fiction and the Fear as they embark on a new musical adventure.
Serj Tankian (born August 21, 1967 in Beirut, Lebanon) is an Armenian-American singer. He started as a singer in the alternative metal band System of a Down and after they went on hiatus he continued his career as a solo artist and producer. He is known for his gritty yet wide vocal range. His solo output mixes various styles and genres, including metal, rock and Armenian musical motifs. At age five, Serj Tankian moved with his parents to Los Angeles, California.
Blowsight have been together since the late summer of 2003 and have been moving forward ever since they played their very first show in Stockholm, Sweden. They continued to work the underground scene and played as much as they possibly could over the next couple of years. With over 70 shows under their belt not only in Scandinavia but also in USA and more the band has showed what they can dish out.
jonnygonehome are an alternative rock band which formed in the spring of 2007 in Clapton Pond, London. The band consists of Lee Squire (vocals/harmonica), brothers Tom Lawrence (bass/guitar/backing vocals) and Daniel Lawrence (lead guitar/backing vocals), Joe Kelpie (guitar/bass/backing vocals), Alex Berman (drums), and Alex Eichenberger (cello). www.myspace.com/jonnygonehome jonnygonehome released the four-track Fallon, it's the band in April 2009 and are currently promoting the EP at various venues in London.
Bottomless Pit was formed in the fall of 2005 by erstwhile Silkworm members Tim Midgett and Andy Cohen. Their longtime friends Chris Manfrin (Seam) and Brian Orchard (.22) complete the quartet. 2007 finds the group playing "their blues" - soulful, emotionally intense, and often transcendent postpunk that is as inviting as it is bracing. "Hammer of the Gods" is the first Bottomless Pit album. It is the first release from New Jersey's Comedy Minus One records. It was released November 6, 2007.
Mexicolas are a three piece rock band from Birmingham, West Midlands, England. The band members are Jamie Evans (Singer/Songwriter), Del Carter (Bassist) and Tim Trotter (Drums). In 2006, they were featured on a documentary series for Channel 4 entitled '4-Play'. The documentary followed the band in their Digbeth warehouse where they record and live together. Also in 2006, the band's music was featured on UK TV soap Hollyoaks.
Formed late 2007, Veils are a 5 piece metal band hailing from Manchester, comprising previous members of Everette, Last Chance To Dance and The Mourning Will Follow. Combining explosive technical riffs, savage breakdowns and vocals spat with undeniable fire; Veils are ready to live up to the already substantial hype, exposing the metal scene to a soundscape the likes of which has never been heard before and a live show which has to be seen to be believed.
There are 8 known bands with this name:
1. A popular alternative rock band from California, United States
2. A thrash metal band from Louisiana, United States
3. A thrash metal band from Georgia, United States
4. A thrash metal band from Sao Paulo, Brazil
5. A thrash metal band from Joao Pessoa, Brazil
6. A heavy metal band from the United Kingdom
7. A thrash metal band from Australia
8. A techno/rave group
1. An all girl feminist-punk band from Southern California. 2. An alternative Metal band from Massachusetts: www.myspace.com/dogfight. 3. A Hardcore Punk band from Richmond, Virginia. Dogfight is heavily influenced by bands like Down to Nothing, Righteous Jams, Guns Up!, as well as other Richmond hardcore bands. However, as of early 2007, they have changed their name to "Clocked Out". There was also a punk band from Minneapolis called Dogfight. In the second half of the Nineties there was Dogfight, a hardcore band from Den Bosch, The Netherlands.